VR - Is it really going to be a success? Or, thanks Time for starting a discussion!

Thanks will check those out!!

Skyrim and Fallout 4 VR will be coming out.

These just arrived.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MFG14ZT/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Really solidly made. I’ll be taking the base stations off of the wall later on and setting these up. Then I can patch and paint the holes in the wall.

Also arriving today.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01HM4QB0Y/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01LEZNUE2/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

You know what they say, in for a penny, flies like an arrow. :)

Edit: Hmmm. I paid $44.95 for the stands and the Vive adapters. Now they’re $75.00. I’m cool with that.

Got into my Vive last night to try out some of the Rec Room stuff I hadn’t played yet - ended up spending my entire VR playtime in Steam VR Home. I flipped from environment to environment doing all the dumb quests for items and had a hell of a time doing it. Best of all, now my VR Home is so much cooler than yours. But I have a feeling I’ll be in real trouble if they add loot boxes to this.

Interesting.

So I hooked up the base stations to the new telescoping light stands. And I plugged in all of the cables. This included a set of earbuds with a mic. The mic part is important. I usually used them only for listening to music.

Anyway,

So I get it all set up. And there I am in the SteamVR home area. I’m looking for the thing to start the front camera. I’m not really thinking, I just want my VR.

I look around and my old set of walls are totally wrong. I’m talking to myself, as the old man that I am.

This isn’t right.
I can see myself?
This needs to be fixed.
What do I click for…

And a voice says, “What’s the problem? Do you need help.?”

And I freaked. Not that I did anything weird. I just jumped. I was thinking, Are you God? :)

So I explained that I had reset the area of the room by changing the position of the base stations. He kindly explained that I had to do the original setup on my comp. I thanked him and logged off.

I told the wife about it and she almost died laughing. She knows that I have anxiety issues. She understood my shock. We had a good laugh together. And then I decided to get my VR fix tomorrow.

TL;DR Tried VR. Heard a strange voice. Noped out until another day.

Visualize your dream
Record it in the present tense
Put it into a permanent form
If you persist in your efforts
You can achieve dream control
Dream control
How’s that then, better?
Dream control
Dream control (hug me)
Dream control
Hug me

Rock and/or roll sir. Keep on rocking and/or rolling. :)

Why was someone listening to you?

I WANT YOU TO THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU’VE DONE, RICH… AND FROM NOW ON, STOP PLAYING WITH YOURSELF.

What do you think a secret phase conjugate tracking system is for?

I’m guessing that, in my clicking around, I opened a chat room accidentally.

Anyone pick up VR titles now that the sale is going?

I grabbed Omega Agent and SportsBar VR, will try them out tonight. I’m also trying to decide between Everspace and Elite Dangerous, and whether or not to get a shooter like Arizona Sunshine.

Going to get Dirt Rally when I get home. Picking up my Oculus Touch on the way as well, so I’ll have Robo Recall and Dead N Buried as well.

Consider Superhot VR as well… the way you can punch, shoot, catch, and throw, is pretty great. Probably my favourite touch game.

I’ve bought Pinbal FX2 VR - I’ll assume the Mars table is usable for people who can cope with spiders constantly in their peripheral vision - and Thumper, a rhythm action game that seems excellent so far, and looks great in VR. (Both “seated” rather than room scale)

I loved it when I played it outside of VR, so I can only imagine it rules in it. Good suggestion!

Remember CastAR?

Bummer, it looked like interesting technology

From what I’m seeing, vr is pivoting hard towards arcade experiences right now (that is, high end, location based experiences you pay for in a mall or theme park or such).