VR - Is it really going to be a success? Or, thanks Time for starting a discussion!

Most Bethesda stuff comes down in price… including Skyrim all the other times :) I think this is the week they harvest bold, rich men like Profanicus, and I’ll be able to try it out in a while. I assume it’s moddable too, so maybe some visual upgrades will be incoming. I’ve also got zero interest in any config faff.

Thanks for the impressions.

Full body dancing.

NSFW ish.

uwu :3

No idea what that is but scantily clad women labelled as ‘forceable’ are probably not what this forum needs…

Yea, thats a dirty dirty video. Of the type that make young teenages very happy. I advice against watching such a naughtiness. Thats why is not embedded but linked.

Edit:
I hope it don’t offend anybody. Theres no nudity and profanity. Or so I think. Anyway is correctly flagged, so somebody quick to offend can skip it. I believe is interesting from a philosophical point of view. Had it really be bad for the forum, I would instantly delete it.

Heh not rich but I got one hobby and few vices or expenses… and Skyrim is one of my favourite games, and VR one of my favourite techs. :)

Yeah reports already coming in that mods are working (as long as they don’t use ScriptExtender). It needs a high res texture pack to start with.

It’s maybe a less offensive video when you (probably correctly) assume an overweight dude on the other end of that VR headset instead of woman proposed by the avatar.

Can Skyrim VR use mods made for regular Skyrim?

It’s really fantastic. I’ve been playing about an hour a night, I’m also doing better in races now.

Is strange that the VR we have now really works and is freaking cool. But mostly work for us, the users, for the people creating content is a huge hill to climb for very little for rewards.

I don’t think this generation of VR is going to fail, one way or another is going to stick around, maybe slowly evolving until it finds a way to success.

The thing that surprised me with VR is that watching a image in a TV is completely different experience than being in that image in VR. The VR emulation make everything much more personal, a experience you have inside, while we are distanced from images we see in 2D.

Watching a nice place in VR feels like you visited that place and learned something from it. Like a real experience.

Something that would be a transformative experience is to experience ballet or perhaps opera in Vr. Lapdancing kind of sell it, but the sex angle kind of distracts too much.

Humans are a awesome animal, and dancing is one of the most amazing things we have invented.

As long as they don’t use SKSE or similar they should work

Sounds similar to Skyrim SE as far as mods go then.

I pulled the trigger on this. Thanks for letting us know!

I’ve been itching for some sim VR goodness that doesn’t take place in outer space.

good man! if you need tips, tricks and encouragement, have a look at theair combat thread

If you don’t want to be a dwarf you can probably install OpenVR advanced settings – under the accessibility tab, you can set a height offset. I use this for Fallout 4 VR so I can sit and still be eye level with everyone.

Surely this generation of VR either has or hasn’t failed already. We’re already getting mid-generation refreshes and the next true generation is surely not that far away. By the time someone starting development on a AAA VR game now releases it, new hardware will be out.

How exactly are they getting limb motion tracked that well in the video? Multiple controllers attached to the legs/arms/waist/hip?

You mean it’s not based on the SE? Which I think upgraded the textures somewhat.

I’m pretty sure it’s based on the SE, I remember an interview where they claimed that DLCs were not in scope for Fo4VR since the base game was their starting point, whereas DLCs are included for SkyrimVR because it’s based off of SSE.

How does melee combat work in SkyrimVR? Does a wangle initiate a pre-canned animation, or is there actual collision involved between the weapon and the target? It’s too bad that there’s no locational damage in Skyrim; melee combat is not amazing in Fo4VR, but it’s pretty satisfying to slice a ghoul’s head off.

Sorta (googles) I found this:

Well everything I read indicated that it was going to be based on SE. But I’m not so sure…

For one thing, in SE they finally made SkyrimCustom.ini work, so you could add startup console commands. It doesn’t work here.