Walking Dead on AMC

Some promo pics are out.

They look more like mutants than zombies.

They will be filming around Atlanta… going to do my best to get in on that somehow.

This will be awesome.

Those look very cool - but I’m still waiting for a zombie flick that shows what real corpses look like…instead of actors in pasty white / blue / green makeup. Real corpses are bloated and nasty and discolored. Not getting that vibe here.

But I shouldn’t complain too much - Walking Dead is teh awsome, and I’m sure Darabont will do it justice.

A shaky cam recording of the trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBiI6YRfWIY

That looks freakin great.

Whitta sighting at 3:29!

Huh? Where?

Well you can barely see it on that shakycam footage but I’m the big zombie in the beige robe on the right:

Better angle from a spy pic posted on AICN by someone in an office building overlooking the street (center right, arms out):

Wow, that isn’t the intro to 28 days later at all!

Well it is pretty much how the comic book starts.

Haha, nice!

Surprised how good that looks - also surprised at how faithfully it seems to follow the book, not that there’s anything wrong with that.

I’m not the biggest fan of Kirkman’s writing, but I suspect they’ll tone down some of the more juvenile sensationalistic crap, and stick with the main narrative beats, which would be perfect.

Yeah, that’s the opening of the book, which Kirkman claims was written about a year before that film came out, and he just decided not to change it, to which I say, fair enough.

Gary, your career is fascinating to watch. It seems opening one door opens ALL doors. Good for you.

Back on topic, this looks pretty damn good. I wonder if the show will maintain the comic’s general hopelessness.

We need a Whittapic of Gary holding some delicious brains.

I should be able to help you out come October.

So, what’s the connection? Are you getting to write an episode?

Spill the brains!

Probably the closest to an official Walking Dead thread as we have, so:

Walking Dead artist Cliff Rathburn was at Comic Con doing zombified character sketches of anyone you could name. So, naturally, I asked for Optimus Prime. I think he did a fantastic job with it.