It’s weird as hell, but worth a look.
I added this to the list. Apparently Blade Runner: Enhanced Edition, as mentioned in the Nintendo Switch thread, is coming to all platforms this Thursday.
Hopefully it’s a substantial remaster, at least. Interested to see how well AI upscaling works on the environments.
You don’t even buy games anymore!
So its another modern Smash TV? I think this is the third one :)
Not too many big releases this week. Wallets are still under threat this week via DLC though.
- FOBIA - St. Dinfna Hotel (PC, PS5, Xbox Series X/S, PS4, XBO)
- MX vs ATV Legends (PC, PS5, Xbox Series X/S, PS4, XBO)
- DNF Duel (PS5, PS4, PC)
- Disgaea 6 (PS5, PS4, PC)
- Cuphead: The Delicious Last Course DLC (PC, XBO, Switch)
- The Galactic Junkers (PC, PS4, XBO)
- Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak DLC (Switch, PC)
- Outriders Worldslayer (PC, PS5, Xbox Series X/S, PS4, XBO)
- F1 2022 (PC, PS5, Xbox Series X/S, PS4, XBO)
Sunbreak is the big one for me (not a wallet threat though, since I pre-ordered it), but Disgaea 6 might interest me eventually. We’ll see.
So, by this you mean you already paid for it, therefore it doesn’t count as being a wallet threat this week? Or do you mean you’ll be charged this week for it when it releases, but it doesn’t count as a wallet threat because you made the decision long ago and the mental decision is what counts, not the actual withdrawal of funds?
I mean it was paid for a month or so ago, so it’s not a threat to my wallet this week because it would have been a month or so ago if I hadn’t received it as a birthday gift. :D
Given the framerate/resolution on the Switch version, the wallet is threatened by this on PC. And Sunbreak of course. :)
This Eurogamer Recommended review makes the game sound pretty awesome. The console release got delayed to an unspecified time in 2022, but it should still be coming for Switch, XB1, PS4 in 2022.
And it’s on sale in the steam sale right now to only $15 in the U.S.
- Matchpoint - Tennis Championships (PC, PS5, Xbox Series X/S, PS4, XBO, Switch)
- Ruinsmagus (PC, Quest)
- Klonoa Phantasy Reverie Series (All platforms, I think)
- AI: The Somnium Files – Nirvana Initiative (PS4, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S, PC)
- MADiSON (PS5, PS4, Switch, PC, Xbox Series X/S)
- Arcadegeddon (PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X/S, XBO, PC) (Xbox on July 5th?)
This week’s a mess! I don’t know, I guess we’re getting the Klonoa games rereleased for modern consoles. Digital Foundry I think mentioned that the Switch release is disappointing and has performance issues, but hopefully it will be good on other platforms?
Been waiting for a good tennis game to rival the old ones from the older Playstations…but not holding my breath.
Any wallet threats this week? I’m looking forward to Escape Academy coming to Game Pass.
- XEL (PC)
- Time on Frog Island (PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S, Switch, PC)
- Garden Story (Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S)
- Loopmancer (PC)
- Kingdom Gun (PC)
- Clanfolk (PC)
- XEL (Switch)
- Escape Academy (PS5, Xbox Serise X/S, PS4, XBO, PC)
- Eyes in the Dark: The Curious Case of One Victoria Bloom (PC)
- Rune Factory 5 (PC)
Maybe I’ll check this out, otherwise no real threat. Will try Escape Academy on Game Pass though.
This looks amazing. I’ll look for reviews, but if they’re good, I’ll certainly get this one, hoping it will be the modern equivalent of the experience I had with Flashback back in the day. ;)
I never played any Rune Factory game, but I loved Stardew Valley, so I might be tempted by this one. We’ll see.
EDIT: regional pricing for Rune Factory 5 in Brazil is a bad joke, so this one gets a pass (or maybe I’ll wait for a deep sale).
If you play a Rune Factory game, I’d skip the 5th one with all my heart. The first one got a unique charm, otherwise I think 3 and 4 are widely regarded as the best the series has to offer.
Got it. Thanks, I will keep that in mind.
Lots of releases this week. The big wallet threat for me is the Hot Wheels DLC for Forza Horizon 5. I can’t wait to start racing on orange tracks above Mexico. It was such a wallet threat that I already bought the premium edition upgrade on the last sale, though I think it’s on sale again this week as part of the Summer sale. Any other wallet threats for people this week?
- Riftbreaker DLC: Metal Terror
- As Dusk Falls (PC, Xbox Series X/S)
- Century: Age of Ashes (PS5, PS4)
- Endling - Extinction Is Forever (PC, PS4, XBO, Switch)
- Forza Horizon 5: Hot Wheels DLC (PC, Xbox Series X/S, XBO)
- Stray (PC, PS5, PS4)
- Fallen Angel (Switch, PC)
- Into the Breach (Andriod, IOS)
- Severed Steel (PS5, PS4)
- Bright Memory: Infinite (PC, PS5, Xbox Series X/S)
- Coromon (Switch)
- Hell Pie (PC, PS5, Xbox Series X/S, PS4, XBO, Switch)
- Severed Steel (Switch)
- Wayward Strand (PC, PS5, Xbox Series X/S, PS4, XBO, Switch)
- Live A Live (Switch)
- Capcom Arcade 2nd Stadium (PC, PS4, XBO, Switch)
- Severed Steel (Xbox Series X/S, XBO)
I guess I’m also looking forward to Stray. It will be the first game that provides value to the money I already spent on Playstation Premium, which is probably going to end up being money wasted, but if Stray turns out well, maybe not! Maybe I’ll get $180 worth of value right from that game! (Fingers Crossed).
Riftbreaker DLC this week also.