Wallet Threat Level

I really wish I could deal with the violence in Mortal Kombat because 11 looks great. I love the whole old vs. new thing they have going on. I just can’t deal with the blood and gore anymore.

Ditto.

Yeah, I loved the blood and gore back in the day, but now it’s too over the top for me. But back in the arcade Mortal Kombat vs Street Fighter 2, I was a MK person all the way because the blood and gore made SF2 look sooooo tame and lame in comparison.

I never liked MK much back then because the fighting system was so weak compared to Street Fighter. The fact that they have a really strong game now is what makes it exciting to me.

I imagine there are some controls in there to turn that stuff off. I’ll have to check some reviews…

The reviews are saying pretty much all the bad monetization practices are in MK11. Good game otherwise, and at least the grindy mechanics that belong in a gacha don’t impact gameplay.

I’m planning on passing.

If you want a good deal on a fighting game- GMG has Soul Calibur 6 for $20.

It sounds like there is no way to minimize the gore because, well, Mortal Kombat. OK, dudes. I’m out.

Didn’t a previous version have a Cute mode where instead of ripping someone spine out through their chest you sat down on lace-embroidered pillows, drank chamomile tea, and braided each others’ hair? Or am I just imaging that in a fever dream sort of sitch?

Since MK II, they’ve had those kind of friendship finishing moves, like the one your described. But the friendship finishers are just the finishers. The normal game is still very violent.

Ahh, OK. Would be awesome if the friendship mode extended to main gameplay where you slap your opponent with a cardboard tube instead of a katana, rainbows replace fireballs, and so on.

I would play that game. Like, instead of skewering his opponents brain and then eating it, Baraka would go, “oh hey, you got a nacho on your face, lemme get that” and then eat it, and shake hands or something.

April 25: Rule the Waves 2. This is on my grog GOTY list.

Sooner or later I was bound to bite on something on these lists. Just pre-ordered Days Gone.

Soon as I post this it gets delayed to 17 May. The drama over at NWS about this does not inspire confidence.

I will likely pick up Mortal Kombat 11, but maybe not right at release.

I am a filthy casual with fighting games so I don’t need the best system around and NetherRealm Studios are great at building spectacle, fluff, and the right amount of foreplay to lure in a fighting game outsider like myself.

Oddly, the excessive violence and gore doesn’t bother me with Mortal Kombat. I am more bothered with pointing a gun at unarmed bystanders in games like Payday 2 and couldn’t continue playing for that reason.

Man, the National Weather Service ruins everything.

Final Fantasy XII gets ported to Switch and Xbox this week. I haven’t heard of much of the rest of the lineup this week, I’m afraid, so I don’t know if there’s good stuff there.

Monday April 29

• Mordhau | PC
  • Fighter Royale - Last Ace Flying | PC
  • Elleros Origins: Wytchsun | PC
  • Strike Solitaire | PC
  • Metro Simulator 2019
  • BAX | PC
  • Flan |PC
  • Planes Attack | PC, Mac
  • Tiki Trials | PC

Tuesday April 30

• Fade To Silence | PS4, Xbox One, PC
  • Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age | Xbox One, Switch
  • Starlink: Battle For Atlas | PC
  • Giga Wrecker Alt. | PS4
  • Fell Seal: Arbiter’s Mark | PS4, Xbox One, PC
  • Tales Of The Neon Sea | PC
  • PixARK | Switch
  • Anicent Lands: The Tsar Awakening | PC
  • Tales From Galaxy 34 | PC, Mac
  • Petoons Party | PC
  • Viking Sisters | PC, Mac
  • Open Wheel Manager | PC
  • Landinar: Into the Void | PC

Wednesday May 1

• Crashbots | Xbox One, Switch
  • Epitasis | PS4, Xbox One, PC
  • Table Top Racing: World Tour | Switch
  • Puzzle Herder | Switch
  • Midnight Remastered | PC, Mac
  • Grunt1914 | PC
  • Precipice | PC
  • Rogue Slash | PC
  • Timefall | PC, Mac
  • bit Dungeon III | PC

Thursday May 2

• Giga Wrecker Alt. | Xbox One, Switch
  • VA-11 Hall-A | PS4, Switch
  • World End Syndrome | PS4, Switch
  • Rise Of Industry | PC
  • Strike Suit Zero: Director’s Cut | Switch
  • Close To The Sun | PC
  • Duck Game | Switch
  • The Swords Of Ditto | Switch
  • Venture Kid | Switch
  • Black Paradox | Switch
  • Xtreme Club Racing | Switch
  • HexaGravity | Switch
  • Late City Riders | PC
  • Guard Duty | PC, Mac

Friday May 3

• SNK 40th Anniversary Collection | Xbox One
  • Shadows Of Adam | Switch
  • Purple Chicken Spaceman | Xbox One
  • Hellmut: The Badass From Hell | Switch
  • Gyro Boss DX | Switch
  • Combate Monero | PC, Mac
  • Run For Cover | PC
  • Space Warfare | PC, Mac

Saturday May 4

• Pathos | PC
  • Nerved | PC

Well, I think I already have Rise of Industry, so Wallet Threat Level Non-Existent.

I think the next couple of big triple-A releases I can think of are RAGE 2, coming on May 14, in two weeks, and Team Sonic Racing in 3 weeks (May 21).

My gaming plate is so full these days, and I’m pretty content playing what I have. And yet, it’s still going to be hard to resist Rage 2.

This drops on 5/1, please add it to the list:

I’m looking at Space Warfare and Tales From Galaxy 34 if they’re cheap enough.

This is supposed to be similar to FF Tactics. Anyone know about it?