Wallet Threat Level

Man, I don’t know why we don’t have a thread for this game yet. So I’ll put this trailer here for now. It looks so good.

We’re missing Ion Fury from that list. Comes out on the 15th.

Oooooh, I knew there was something coming out this week that I knew about that I couldn’t remember. Thanks. I’ll add it.

Let’s see, so that’s:

Rebel Galaxy Outlaw $30 (already bought)
Exception $15
Ion Fury $30

The only reason I’m a little hesitant on Ion Fury is that my recent experience with retro shooters has not been positive. I ended up not enjoying Dusk and Amid Evil. Both are okay, but not as fun as playing the new Quake episode that Machine Games recently released, for example. Plus back in the day, I never enjoyed Duke Nukem 3D as much as my brothers. I was a fan of Descent back in that era, and eventually Quake years later when I found out it had mouselook.

Other wallet threats this week:

8/13/19

8/15/19

I’m pretty confident Dicey Dungeons can and will take over the lives of a number of people here.

Ha ha, I hadn’t noticed it!

I think you are gonna like it!

I was about to ask for impressions of it. I absolutely love one of Cavanagh’s games (VVVVVV, the GOAT platformer) and really like another (Super Hexagon) so this one’s been on my watch list for a while.

It’s very different, since it is so complicated compared to those. The esthetics of it may be quite divisive too, although they tend to grow on you, not unlike a Binding of Isaac way.
It’s a dice placement game, with quite a few smart twists, making it probably — and most strangely — the least luck based of such games.
I played only the game during its alpha period last year, and it was not overly complicated, but it lacked the higher difficulty levels; it is where the real game is supposed to be at, and what this full release is about, from my understanding.

Yeah, it’s not like his other games. It’s definitely in the Dreamquest (if you know that incredibly influential iOS card game) and Slay the Spire school, but with a different aesthetic, as Left_Empty says.

This is a turn based strategy game folded into a dungeon crawler, powered by dice. Like those games I mentioned above, different classes play completely differently, which is neat.

Apparently there’s a lot of new features that never got released to the beta testing crowd. Terry kept a lot under his hat. I’ll be curious to play it. The dude is clever as hell.

I like Cavanagh games because I think his designs are great, not because they fit into a specific genre, so this looks very much up my alley. Thanks for the info. I’m probably picking this up if I ever manage to finish the new Fire Emblem.

It is probably my loss, but I can’t get beyond the bad grammar. Dice is plural, Terry. You are not ‘a dice.’

But maybe it is a statement against dice’s bad orthography, as it should obviously be dies.

I found the few texts in the game quite annoying, I wish we could just skip them.

It’s actually acceptable to use dice as a singular noun now but still feels very awkward to me. Enjoying the game so far though!

Seems like a single one should be a douse.

Douse? What the heck happened to Die?

medication-side-effects-013-512

Any wallet threats for people this week? Did Bridge Commander finally get a sequel called Incident Commander? Is Remnant: From the Ashes really Hellgate: London done right? Is RAD rad? Why am I so intrigued by the name Pest Control? Is Smoots Summer Games as fun as Summer Games from the 80s? Are the Life is Strange fans here really excited about the new episode out this week? Does the release of Zombie Golf finally indicate that there’s too many zombie games?

Monday, August 19

• Blood Magic | PC
  • Strazeal | PC
  • Incident Commander | PC, Mac
  • Block Dodge Challenge | PC
  • Trollskog | PC

Tuesday, August 20

• Remnant: From The Ashes | PS4, Xbox One, PC
  • RAD | PS4, Xbox One, Switch, PC
  • Yui-Gi-Oh! Legacy Of The Duelist: Link Evolution | Switch
  • IN-VERT | Switch
  • Truck Racing Championship | Switch
  • Power Punch II | PC
  • Tinhead | PC
  • Pest Control | PC
  • UnderMine | PC, Mac

Wednesday, August 21

• Gift Of Parthax | Xbox One
  • Smoots Summer Games | Xbox One
  • Wellington’s Victory | PC, Mac
  • Songs Of Skydale | PC
  • Flip Polygon | PC
  • XEYYEX | PC
  • Ash Asylum | PC
  • Gods Of Havoc: Fall To Earth | PC
  • Nubla | PC
  • Steambirds Alliance | PC, Mac

Thursday, August 22

• Black Desert | PS4
  • Oninaki | PS4, Switch, PC
  • Sega Ages Puyo Puyo | Switch
  • Sega Ages Space Harrier | Switch
  • Life Is Strange 2: Episode 4 | PS4, Xbox One, PC
  • Doughlings: Invasion | PS4
  • Invisigun Reloaded | Switch
  • Milkmaid Of The Milky Way | Switch
  • Path Of Sin: Greed | Switch
  • Everdark Tower | Switch
  • Mr. Blaster | Switch
  • Lines Infinite | Switch

Friday, August 23

• Gnomes Garden: Lost King | Xbox One
  • Mable & The Wood | PC, Mac
  • Snooker 19 | Switch
  • Plunge | Switch, PC, Mac
  • Gurgamoth | Switch
  • Biorhythm | PC, Mac
  • Darkspace | PC

Saturday, August 24

• Rainforest Solitaire | PC
  • Mummy Contact | PC

Sunday, August 25

• Zombie Golf | PC

Is blood magic at all related to the 1996 game called blood magic?

I’m really looking forward to trying this out. I know it’s been out on PC for a while but I like the idea of action-based combat on a console MMORPG.