Wallet Threat Level

I was just about to look this one up…saw some decent gameplay footage but thought nothing of it … but now have to check it out.

Man, there’s some strong naming game going on this month.

You ain’t kidding.

March finally! Some big releases this month. Including Ori and the Will of the Wisp next week, and the new DOOM game a couple of weeks after that.

But nothing I can spot is a threat to the wallet this week.

Monday, March 2

The Story Goes On | Switch
AvoCuddle | Switch
Madhouse | PC
Chess Sudoku | PC, Mac
Rest House 2 - The Wizard | PC
Savage Vessels | PC
ISOLAND3: Dust Of The Universe | PC, Mac

Tuesday, March 3

Curse of The Dead Gods | PC
Granblue Fantasy: Versus
Diesel Attack | PC
Of Evil And Darkness | PC
Amoeba Battle: Microscopic RTS Action | PC, Mac
Puddle Knights | PC

Wednesday, March 4

Baron: Fur Is Gonna Fly | Xbox One, Switch, PC
Syrup And The Ultimate Sweet | PS4, PS Vita
Lost Horizon | Switch
I am Ball | Switch
Weakless | PC
Battle For Iwo Jima | PC
Bombing Quest | PC

Thursday, March 5

Murder By Numbers | Switch
iib & obb | Switch
Under Night In-Birth Exe: Late [cl-r] | PS4
Dude, Stop | Switch
Unlock The King | Switch
Wunderling | Switch
Kairobotica | Switch
Spacky’s Nightshift | PC
Operation Citadel | PC, Mac
NagiQ | PC
The Longing | PC, Mac
Tiny Bunny | PC, Mac
Factory Rally Madness | PC
Broomstick League | PC
Champions Of Thora | PC

Friday, March 6

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Rescue Team DX | Switch
Murder By Numbers | PC
60 Seconds! | PS4, Xbox One
Pathalogic 2 | PS4
Afterparty | Switch
Save Koch | Switch
Swordbreaker The Game | Switch
Breeder Homegrown: Director’s Cut | PS4, Switch
Smart City Plan | PC
Yes, Your Grace | PC
Bunny Quest | PC
Mythic Escape - Diary Of A Prisoner | PC, Mac
Polygon | PC

Saturday, March 7

OneJump | PC

Sunday, March 8

JekoosWare | PC

I have this on my wishlist, it was recommended by someone on the forum, maybe @BrianRubin

Sounds like a winner.

I wished this wasn’t a simple typo.

Likely me. It’s basically Teleglitch in space.

Well, Switch rogue-like Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Rescue Team DX is the closest thing to a threat for me this week but it’s pretty mild and I think I’ll manage to avoid it!

Two big releases this week. Ori and the Will of the Wisp, and Nioh 2. Both potential threats to wallets! Luckily Ori is also part of Game Pass for Xbox and PC so not a threat to the wallet for subscribers.

Any other interesting releases this week?

Monday, March 9

• Horizon’s Gate | PC
  • The Escaper | PC
  • Comic Book Tycoon | PC

Tuesday, March 10

• Langrisser I & II | PS4, Switch, PC
  • Roboshark | PC
  • Laser Heck | PC
  • Wild West Steam Loco | PC
  • Serin Fate | PC
  • Dreadlands | PC
  • Armorik The Viking: The Eight Conquests | PC

Wednesday, March 11

• Ori And The Will Of The Wisps | Xbox One, PC
  • Jump, Step, Step | PS4
  • Cartoon Strike | PC
  • Fantasy Memory Card Game | PC
  • Rhythmic Retro Racer | PC

Thursday, March 12

• Neon City Riders | PS4, Xbox One, Switch, PC
  • Bless Unleashed | Xbox One
  • DJMAX Respect V | PC
  • Hidden Through TIme | PS4, PC
  • Brotherhood United | Switch
  • Hidden In Plain Sight | Switch
  • inbento | Switch
  • Half Past Fate | Switch, PC
  • A Street Cat’s Tale | Switch
  • NinNinDays | Switch
  • Mystic Vale | Switch
  • Shieldmaiden | PC

Friday, March 13

• Stela | Switch, PC
  • Mecho Tales | Xbox One
  • Dead Or School | PS4, Switch
  • Nioh 2 | PS4
  • My Hero One’s Justice 2 | PS4, Xbox One, Switch, PC
  • Ritual: Crown Of Horns | Xbox One
  • Rainbows, Toilets & Unicorns | Switch
  • Alder’s Blood | Switch
  • Rack N Ruin | Switch
  • Syder Reloaded | Switch
  • Jump, Step, Step | Switch
  • Trancelation | Switch
  • Super Destronaut: Land Wars | PS4, Switch
  • Yoga Master | Switch
  • Deep Diving Adventures | Switch
  • Borderlands 3 | PC (Steam release)
  • Mya Of The Desert | PC
  • Spunk and Splat | PC
  • Roundguard | PC
  • Make Me LAG | PC
  • Seals Of The Bygone | PC

Saturday, March 14

• Iveri: The 1,000 Story | PC

Do I want this? I’ve been led to believe that I do.

Ooh, what’s this? I bought a Wii solely so I could play Endless Ocean, so I may need to consider a Switch in my future.

it’s terrible, and that piece of crap is the reason i got into Langrisser mobile so late, as I thought they shared assets and devs (thankfully, they don’t).

FWIW, there’s a demo on Steam: Langrisser I & II on Steam

So how many of the Switch indies are actually good?
I come across so many I’d never heard of while browsing but am afraid to pull tue trigger even at the tune of say under $5.

Just wondering if I’m missing out on some particularly amazing indie title for the Switch that’s not gotten the same coverage as the usual suspects. Perhaps I should ask in the Switch thread…

MLB the Show 20 is releasing on 3/13 for those that pre-ordered the deluxe or higher version on the PS Store.

Good stuff I’ve come across on the super cheap front include
(please note most are expensive unless on sale. On sale, some of those went as low as 10 cents!)

Streets of Rogue and One Finger Death Punch 2. They don’t really belong to this list but I can’t get over how good they are :D
Hyper Sentinel, a shooter in the vein of 8bits computer ones;
Ninjin A clash of Carrots, a simple game where you just shoot and slash stuff while running — it’s better than it sounds, the game is solid;
Kero Blaster: another simple arcade game, from Pixel, the author of Cave Story;
Project Nimbus, an incredible mech shooting game — very intense on the analog stick and a bit confusing in portable mode;
Rogue Aces, a game similar to those early 16 bits side scrolling shooters (Choplifter, but with better physics if you wish) — Confusing on small screen;
Sydney Hunter and the Curse of the Mayan; a very good action platforming game of exploration, one of my fondest discoveries on the Switch;
Odallus, a decent metroidvania;
Agartha S, an… oddity, where you have to solve levels inspired by physics toy boxes like the ones @RichVR likes to share, with an extra element of action;
Membrane, another oddity sharing that same sort of weird spirit;
Slain, back from hell, a very tough arcade game inspired by Rastan, if that is your thing;
Horizon Chase Turbo, a very impressive arcade racer;
Vasara Collection, a collection of lesser Japanese arcade shmups — not the best, but really, really cheap;
Mars Power Industries, a very relaxing yet not stupid single screen puzzle game, with a nice atmosphere;
20XX, a procedurally generated Megaman, which is very fun even for casuals like me, but lacks a bit on content;
One Strike; multiplayer only, a 1 on 1 fighting game with only two moves per characters, and a single hit kill scoring. Too bad it’s unbalanced;
Black Bird, a weird pseudo narrative Defender shooter, with tons upon tons of secrets, and scales up until it was way too hard for me;
Uurnog Unlimited, a poetic platformer with funny physics, multiplayer, from genius dev Nifflas;
Glass Masquerade, @LordKosc’s darling, and dang, it hurts me to say it’s really good — broken touch screen support in portable mode, but still playable although not very comfortable with joycon sticks;
Cursed Castilla, a quite good Ghosts’n Goblins homage, although it’s a bit long and slow paced for such a difficult game;
@DaveLong endorsed Kamiko, which is a Zelda clone if I recall;
The big small names : Anything Steamworld, Cook Serve Delicious, Downwell

Meh stuff:
Gigantic Army, a Valken/Leynos descendant that was a bit disappointing on PC, and is quite blurry looking on the Switch;
Gekido Kintaro’s Revenge, a decent beat’em up, but lacking that satisfying “oof” factor to me;
Way of the Passive Fist, a play by heart chore to me, but I can see it being something some might enjoy.
Battle Princess Madelyn, a Ghouls’n Ghosts clone, very beautiful, but quite inconsistant and buggy.
Flip Over Frog, a cute little board game (probably tied to the board game of the same name), but disappointingly unplayable with others locally.
The Next Penelope, a Frecnh top down racing game with nice esthetics and structure, but a crazy punishing difficulty curve.

Baaad stuff: Saboteur, Saboteur 2, any of the Johnny Turbo arcade games, Superbeat Xonic, Revenge of the Bird King, A Robot Named Fight…

I’m forgetting a lot of stuff, but I hope this helps.

This may also help.

Hidden Gems on the Nintendo eShop

Thanks, I see a few that have piqued my interest, so that will help narrow it down.

I got Streets of Rogue and really like it, but text and objects are incredibly tiny on the Switch Lite and got a headache after playing for a bit.

Ah, I didn’t think about it: never tried Streets of Rogue in portable mode. I’ve updated some entries of my list with this consideration (negative considerations that is).

Most of those games are quite expensive though (10 bucks when on sale, it’s a tough capitalist world ;).
Fight’n Rage and Rolling Gunner are absolutely amazing games.