Wallet Threat Level

Well, Sophie was my first Atelier game, and after it I played Lydie & Suelle which is probably my favorite… but I also have yet to finish that one. I didn’t buy any of the Ryza ones because regional prices were kind of insane, but Sophie 2 has more reasonable pricing, so I might end up buying it at some point.

Sophie is probably the most upbeat, wholesome game I ever played. I guess that’s why I haven’t finished it yet - I can only take so much cuteness. :D

The price is Koutrageous: 130 bucks for an edition with horrible DLCs (pro tip: never buy Koei DLCs).

I’ve been following it. The scuttlebutt from the fanatics is that it’s not the greatest game ever, but seems decent. Some technical issues. Maybe not worth $40, depending on your perspective of course.

I’ll pick it up one day on a sale just for the novelty of it. It’s an excuse for me to try something other than a Cave-like.

40$ is indeed ouch! I’ll wait personally just because I’m sure it will be too busy and complicated for me (reasons why I loved the old game!).

What are the new releases this week? I don’t know! I’m too busy playing Elden Ring. But I guess, here’s the big releases, not sure about the smaller ones this week.

Elex II ( PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X/S, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC ) – March 1
Far: Changing Tides ( PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X/S, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Switch, PC ) – March 1
Puzzle Quest 3 ( PC, iOS, Android ) – March 1
Shadow Warrior 3 ( PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC ) – March 1

Babylon’s Fall ( PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, PC ) – March 3

Gran Turismo 7 ( PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4 ) – March 4
Triangle Strategy ( Switch ) – March 4

:’(

And I was wondering why there hadn’t been a post yesterday.

Nice! Despite also being engrossed in Elden Ring, I’ll be signing up for Elex 2.

Triangle Strategy, I didn’t get around to playing the demo but I’ll be watching reviews with interest. The thread here seems positive.

I was keen on some Wang with Shadow Warrior 3, but seems it’s ditching all the loot stuff from the second game in favour of a short linear experience, so I’m not sure now.

Puzzle Quest 3, I thought that was a free to-play game, so not much wallet threat! :)

This would probably be my wallet threat for the week, but they were kind enough to drop this on Game Pass day one, so my wallet gets a break.

I will probably get Elex 2 even though I never finished the first.

Though I may be confusing it with another low/mid tier action RPG jankfest, The Surge. Did I play both? Damn, can’t recall, will have to check.

Triangle Strategy looks interesting, but that name.

These will have to wait until I tire of Elden Ring.

Guild Wars 2 expansion yesterday and Triangle Strategy on Friday make this my de facto wallet threat week of… probably the first half of 2022. I’m also going to be watching to see if Puzzle Quest 3 is worth putting any time/effort into.

Will definitely be watching the reception of Triangle Strategy closely.

Kind of feel bad for Babylons Fall. A new Platinum action game would normally get a reasonable look from me, but squeezing it in between Elden Ring and Stranger in Paradise is just sending it to die.

Yeah, the amount of big releases right now seems crazy to me. It’s like November, but much worse. I’m glad once again that I didn’t get a PS5, since my wallet would get a thumping from getting Gran Turismo 7 this week on top of other releases.

With both the earlier pre-purchase of the Ultimate Edition of GW2: EoD and the 25th Anniversary Edition of GT7 pre-purchased on the PS5, Threat Level neutralized. Sort of. Because already paid. So…free games!

Yeah, I’m busy all of a sudden.

Any wallet threats this week? I guess Distant Worlds 2 is the big famous one for people who still think MOO2 wasn’t lightning in a bottle and can be topped.

Tuesday, March 8

• Dawn of the Monsters [Xbox]
  • Have A Nice Death [PC] (Early Access)
  • Jurassic World Evolution 2: Camp Cretaceous Dinosaur Pack DLC [PC, PS5, XSX, PS4, XBO]
  • Dead by Daylight: Sadako Rising (PS5, PS4, XBX/S, XBO, Switch, PC)
  • The Wild Case (Switch)
  • Wunderling DX (Switch)

Wednesday, March 9

• Will You Snail? (Switch)
  • Splash Cars

Thursday, March 10

• Assassin’s Creed Valhalla: Dawn of Ragnarok DLC [PC, PS5, XSX, PS4, XBO]
  • Distant Worlds 2 [PC]
  • Aztec: Forgotten Gods [PC, PS4, Xbox, Switch, PS5]
  • Submerged: Hidden Depths [PC, PS5, XSX, PS4, XBO]
  • Time Loader [PS4, XBO, Switch]
  • Dungeon Color
  • Radioactive Dwarfs: Evil from the Sewers
  • Retro Pixel Racers
  • RPG Time - The Legend of Wight
  • Time Loader
  • Workshop Simulator [PC, PS4, XBO]
  • Young Souls [PS4, XBO, Switch, PC]
  • Ancient Islands (Switch)
  • Ashwalkers: A Survival Journey (Switch)
  • Chocobo GP (Switch)
  • Grand Mountain Adventure: Wonderlands (Switch)
  • The Last Cube (PS4, XBO, Switch)
  • Move or Die: Unleashed (Switch)
  • Retro Pixel Racers (Switch)
  • Slide Stories: Neko’s Journey (Switch)
  • Time Loader (PS4, XBO, Switch)

Friday, March 11

• Two Hundred Ways (Switch)
  • .hack//G.U. Last Recode [Switch]
  • Cosmic Bit
  • Hotel Transylvania: Scary Tale Adventures [PC, PS4, XBO, Switch]
  • WWE 2K22 [PS5, XSX, PS4, XBO]

Oh my god, this is too much work with the damned formatting from all these different sites. I’m not changing any more brackets, you guys can deal with it. I hope Zach from Kotaku gets back on this job again soon. Come back Zach!

Just use find and replace?

Appreciate the work you put in to making this list every week Rock8man, bracket problems notwithstanding. ;)

Is it important if they are parenthesis or brackets?

Zach is back at Kotaku, doing his new release roundup. Yay! Thank you Zach.

Any big Wallet threats for people this week? I’m seeing the new Final Fantasy Soulslike as being a potential wallet threat down the road, maybe the new Syberia game. Maybe the Mario Kark 8 Booster Course Pass. Tunic seems really cool. A new game that could be like Death’s Door? I hope so. Paradise Killer got a mixed reception at Qt3 when it came out on PC a couple of years ago in the Detective Games thread, it’s getting ported to consoles this week. GTA V comes out for current gen consoles, the 3rd console generation it’s getting ported to. Wow.

Monday, March 14

• Capybara Spa | PC
  • Hyperbolica | PC

Tuesday, March 15

• Grand Theft Auto V / GTA Online | PS5, Xbox Series X/S
  • Dawn of the Monsters | PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X/S, Xbox One, Switch, PC
  • Phantom Breaker: Omnia | PS4, Xbox One, Switch, PC
  • The Cruel King and the Great Hero | PS4, Switch
  • Five Night At Freddy’s: Security Breach | Xbox Series X/S, Xbox One
  • Aethernaut | PC

Wednesday, March 16

• Paradise Killer | PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X/S, Xbox One
  • Tunic | Xbox One, PC, Mac
  • Office Management 101 | PC
  • Spirit of the Island | PC

Thursday, March 17

• Dark Deity | Switch
  • Shredders | Xbox Series X/S, PC
  • Persona 4 Arena Ultimax | PS4, Switch, PC
  • Gal Gun: Double Peace | Switch
  • Monster Energy Supercross 5 | PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X/S, Xbox One
  • ANNO: Mutationem | PS5, PS4, PC
  • Curious Expedition 2 | PS4, Xbox One
  • WRC 10 | Switch
  • Onde | PC
  • This Means Warp | PC

Friday, March 18

• Who Pressed Mute On Uncle Marcus? | PS4, Xbox One, Switch, PC, Mac
  • Syberia: The World Before | PC
  • Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origins|PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X/S, Xbox One, PC
  • Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Booster Course Pass | Switch

This is looking decent. It’s the next “Stardew alike” but it is just an early access release, so I’m going to wait and see what the early reviews are on playability before jumping in.

Today marks the release of the Tides of Avarice DLC for X4: Foundations, and that is missing from your list, despite easily being the most exciting release this week. That said…

I want this one.