WandaVision

I have Disney+. It is very unlikely I will watch this.

That’s fine, I’ll watch it twice to make up for your lack of interest :). It’s exactly my cup of tea. The MCU Scarlet Witch might not have hex powers, but I think they did a great job with her relationship with Vision, considering it probably got about 5 minutes of screen time total, the vast majority in Infinity War in that hotel room.

Vision was one of my favorite characters in the arcade game that and a few of his story lines. I’ll for sure watch the movies they’re in when those come out. I really don’t watch superhero TV shows. I mean I got through one maybe two seasons of Agents of SHIELD and dropped that, never watched Arrow, Flash, Punisher, THe Defender or Luke CAGE. So it’s a combination of not interested in the material and also I don’t really watch superhero TV… except The Boys.

But that’s just it. This doesn’t really look like a “super hero” show. It looks like some bizzaro alternate reality / domestic bliss world with two main characters who happen to be super heroes. This really isn’t anything like the shows you mentioned, all of which I’ve watched, who all pretty much always had a “big bad” each season and lots of stunt people doing martial arts at each other. All of those shows’ main plots were resolved with a lot of punching.

I will let the rest of you experience it as they do their release thing, and I am sure there will be no shortage of feedback. We certainly aren’t lacking opinions around here. I don’t really do bizzaro movies either so… we’ll see, or I guess you will at least! ;-)

Except Legion. Its central conflicts were resolved with a dance contest, a rap battle, and a cartoon laser fight.

January 15th! I’m so intrigued by this show.

Man I really hope this is good! So much potential!

It certainly doesnt look like a half measures kind of series. The only question is will they be able to pull off what looks to be an absolutely bonkers storyline.

Yep, this seems all or nothing. Either it will be amazing or awful, with a fairly fine line in between like many ultra high concept shows are. I hope they fully commit and make it great.

In case anyone is still awake…episode 1 and 2 are now streaming!

Is this a show you can watch without having seen any of the Avenger movies after Iron Man?

Well, the two main characters come from Age of Ultron, so you won’t have any idea who they are. And the first two shows basically follow a standard 50-60’s era sitcom, with all the ‘humor’ of the time. But there was enough weirdness to keep me involved, and am looking forward to episode 3.

My guess is, unless you’re really a fan of those old sitcoms, it may bounce off you unless you know the characters.

Does it have any links to the recentish comics?

I think I read somewhere that it was at least inspired in part by that run, but based on the first two episodes, certainly doesn’t match, given that there isn’t a family of Visions.

Apparently they have some kind of “catch up with who is who” clip show on Disney Plus called Marvel Legends to get you oriented if you haven’t seen the movies.

All you need to know is Elizabeth Olsen was banging the Smurf RealDoll, and then she had to kill him twice due to bullshit time-travel reasons, and she has special deus ex powers that are never explained so she created a reality bubble where she could live an idyllic existence with her dead fuckbot. This will link into the wider marvel universe with the next Dr. Strange movie which is multiverse-focused.

Note: I wrote the above without watching any of it yet but I bet I’m right as rain.

Yep, those two eps were basically pointless timekillers. Its a 5min idea for a sketch dragged out to extremes.
Was hoping for more than just: hey look how well we can copy a dead tv show format!

He’s got increased metabolism and improved thermal homeostasis. Her thing is neural electric interfacing, telekinesis, mental manipulation. . .He’s fast and she’s weird.

Enjoying it so far. While the first two tv shows were from earlier eras than I grew up with they were certainly staples of after school rerun viewing. I really like how the set staging and camera angles and even acting seems to be adjusted between the two episodes. Not sure younger audiences would even notice though. All they would see is that it’s black and white and so it’s old.