Want to predict some Oscar winners?

Yep.

Guessing we have a major audit of the envelope process. And there actually is one (an envelope process.)

The winner is allowed to carry their envelope backstage. They can either keep it, or give it to a designated person to hold for safekeeping.

So…either Price Waterhouse Cooper had a MASSIVE fail with duplicate envelopes, or some aspect of the stage management went horribly wrong.

Well your picks plus the guesses from Vox to fill out the remaining categories got me 18 out of 24, enough to win the night at my party!

Awesome! Glad to hear it!

Somewhere, Steve Harvey is popping a beer and enjoying the fact that he is no longer the must embarrassed awards announcer of the past year.

I really miss watching this show.

I’m so glad I don’t watch this show.

-xtien

This is how election night should have ended.

And so it begins.

-xtien

LOL at Batman vs Superman card.

Argh, now everyone is talking about the mistake instead of Moonlight winning best picture.

I personally like La La Land more than Moonlight but reading this L.A. Times article changed my mind about which movie to root for (primarily the comparison to Boyhood) and I’m floored and thrilled that it actually took home the big prize.

Pretty clearly says “Actress in a leading role”

Since Moonlight was #5 on my Top Ten list, and La La Land was number three, I’m fine with either of them winning. I liked the latter more, but the former winning doesn’t bother me.

What amazes me is that they’re really so dumb as to allow this kind of thing to happen.

I’ve had to emcee low-level beauty pageants that had their shit together enough not to let the wrong winner be announced. TRUE STORY!

-xtien

Yeah. That’s why he was stalling and looking for another card in the envelope. I thought he was just trying (and failing) to be amusing, but he really was confused.

It’s maybe important to remember that he’s 80 years old, and probably not as quick on his feet as he once was.

Yeah, I think Warren was hesitating for the right reason. The mistake was giving it to Faye Dunaway, who thought Warren was being a gentleman and letting her call it.

We’re running out of types of lights to win consecutive Best Picture awards.

Seemed to me like she thought he was trying to be funny with the stalling.

Fuck all that. It’s on the producers of the thing. It should not be possible for the wrong envelope to get into their hands.

I blame neither Bonnie nor Clyde.

-xtien

Retweeted Ray Pride (@RayPride):
It’s true, Warren Beatty did screw everyone in Hollywood.

I think you can count on someone getting very fired over this.

La La Land blew a 3-1 lead!

And very never hired again.

-xtien