Warframe: silly named F2P coop TPS

I haven’t even heard of necramechs. I guess they must have been added in the last year then?

Was introduced in the Heart of Demios update August last year together with the third open world.

It’s these - totally not inspired by Warhammer 40k - things:

August last year? I’ve been away longer than I thought, then. Damn. I’ve barely set foot in my Railjack yet!

Anyone still playing this? Just started. Fun so far. I doubt I will go into P2W with it, but I always like running through the leveling quests/process for the story and gameplay.

Curious is there is any benefit to joining a Clan.

Joining a clan provides benefits because it means you can access their Dojo and all the blueprints they’ve researched. You can get blueprints for quite a few weapons and warframes from there.

Yeah if you go all-in joining a clan is a must, especially if you don’t intend to spend money. Lots of stuff is locked behind research.

You can found your own one-person clan, though. It will be a bit tougher without anyone helping you to grind materials but the smaller clans have fewer requirements too.

You don’t really need to pay anything. Platinum (the in-game currency you can buy with real money) can be farmed in game as well. Run void relic missions and sell the prime parts you get on https://warframe.market/

I did spend a bit of money in the beginning to add more warframe and weapon slots, but could have just farmed it instead. Nowadays I buy platinum whenever I get a 75% discount just to support Digital Extremes - I get more than the platinum I want just from playing the game.

Thanks. I’m only level 2 so really just learning. I just joined a Max level casual clan that has everything unlocked. It has like 1000 members or something so i’ll just see what I can get from there.

If they have everything in the Dojo you should be good to go on the clan front, unless you want to get super serious endgame stuff. Otherwise the matchmaking works just fine for completing alerts, dailies, whatever else you may want to do.

Enjoy the ride. :) It’s one of my all-time most played games, although I tend to go in long hibernation cycles followed by binging hard to get up to speed on all the content they’ve added since I was last playing.

One nice thing is it’s not predatory F2P as spending money is mostly just for shortcuts, content isn’t going to be inaccessible to you on any of the starter frames. And farming for new warframes, weapons, etc. is most of the fun for me, so paying for it kind of shortcircuits that aspect of the gameplay. If you do get into the game and start playing consistently, the “must have” for platinum purchases would likely be for additional Warframe and Weapon slots to add to your arsenal. Those are cheap, though, and as @NI1 said you can make platinum by farming Prime parts and selling them to others if you’re adverse to spending any money. Myself, I tend to just drop $20 periodically whenever they release new content I’m interested in which feels the same as buying expansions/DLC or whatever. That’s been plenty of platinum for my needs!

I tried running a void fissure mission where i had to first equip a relic and failed. There were 4 points to capture, but they were overun with tons of mobs. Maybe it’s not soloable?

There’s all kinds of mission types in the void, like Exterminate (kill a number of guys on the map), Assassinate (kill a target), etc. That particular mission type is probably easier with other players since you need to defend multiple points. Something like Exterminate is super straight forward solo. Unless you want to play with others, I would avoid the one you were on (Interception, I believe?) and Extraction in particular, unless they’ve changed the latter since I last played.

As others have said. Great game. F2P will get you wherever you want to go. This is, I think, the only F2P I have ever played where I buy currency to support devs. I end up spending platinum on colors for the “fashion frame” meta game

Yeah this is good advice. For relic farming either do something you can do quickly like Exterminate, or one of the endless missions like Survival. Interception is doable solo (especially if you bring a spectre) but you need to know what you’re doing and you need a loadout that enables you to kill swarms of enemies quickly.

Also, keep in mind that you have to collect 10 essence in order to crack the relic. You can win the mission but still fail to crack the relic if you don’t do that.

That type of mission is hard to solo at first.

Eventually you’ll get temporary pets you can summon and have help hold a point. But better ranged weapons and mobility practice will get you there solo eventually. Later, even without a temp pet (specter etc) you can quickly grab a couple of points and will have a ranged weapon good enough to kill the mobs far away as you grab the last two. Then you’ll know the maps and have an idea where you can stand to use ranged to kill all the mobs as they get close to the points. And, you’ll know how to quickly parkour to a point and recapture then get back to the spawn kill spot.

I am playing this a bit now, and a couple adult family members play sometimes. If you want help or mission type walk throughs glad to pop in if I’m on. I’m not an end game player, but I have cleared the map, mostly solo too. My game name is TeletypeMachine. ;)

Thanks. Appreciate it.

Look into the Nova I think it was, has a build that can slow down stuff, or did, much easier to control 4 points when the whole map is slow as molasses.

I can’t think of any way for Nova to slow enemies (but I could be wrong), however her wormhole allows her to travel easily from one point to another, and she’s also one of the better nukers in the game which is great for Interception.

I believe Rhino’s 4 is probably the best slow in the game, however at low level you’re not going to be able to use it much.

@Jag one of your long term goals should be to increase your mastery rank as far as possible. The greater your rank, the better the mods you’ll be able to equip in your loadout. For weapons it’s obvious why this is a good thing, but for frames one of the key things you can do with mods is augment the characteristics known as strength, range and duration, all of which make your abilities much more powerful.

(Hope you don’t mind the unsolicited advice)

Not at all. I will take all the advice. I am working on Mastery ranks as that is holding me back from new weapons and stuff but it is really slow. I even found an old Humble Bundle E3 Warframe key from a few years ago that still worked and it gave me a week long affinity booster. So i’ve been playing the quest line non-stop with that but i still only just hit Mastery 3.

You use her Molecular Prime ability, modded for Power to slow down more and Ability Duration to reach further.

The specific build I used years ago is outdated, but the concept apparently still works.

Oh my god, all this time I never realised her 4 has a slow attached to it! I just use it for the nuking…one dose of 4 and you only have to sneeze on an enemy to start a chain reaction of exploding bad guys. I love it! Definitely one of the more satisfying nukes in the game. :D

@Jag what you need is to farm affinity. So, blue nodes on the map. Level those weapons and frames to 30 then immediately switch them out. This is why @KevinC advised you to spend plat on frame and weapon slots, you’ll be getting through a lot of them on the neverending quest for more affinity. You can also sell max-ranked gear if you like, of course, to free up slots. I’d personally never sell a frame (unless I acquire the Prime variant) but a lot of weapons are kind of disposable once they’ve served their purpose.