Warframe: silly named F2P coop TPS

Yeah, it’s the only FTP game I’ve ever spent money on. Actually, after reinstalling yesterday and seeing my 75% discount on platinum, I had to buy some plat to support them (something I did quite a few times already). They deserve it.

Definitely - I got about 500 hours out of it and only spent maybe $40, and that was because i felt guilty

If you take significant time away from the game, you almost always get that 75% offer on your return.

Yeah, I know. Felt like home. ;)

Oh, there’s some event going now. nice to return to Warframe after a little hiatus and they’ve added yet more stuff.

Been having fun with the Excalibur, just using the 4 ability and throwing swords everywhere. Guess I should change my energy though, as they are invisible, so doesn’t seem like I am using it, just waving my sword around.

Best part is that the servers are always up and loading screens are fast, and interactive. Good times :)

Edit: 2 days left of Gift from the lotus, includes a Riven (not an old ATI card) mod.

And you’ve got 10-11 weeks to complete it :)

Riven. Fair warning, for a type weapon you’ve got to grind a fair bit in Fortuna/Orb Valis to get.

Fairly beefy update due next week as well according to today’s dev stream.

:-D

More info on the Pirate Radio events here:

So nice to be able to fly without overheating :)

Hey folks, what platform is everyone playing on? I’ve started this game on PC, PS4 and Switch and none of my friends have stuck with it. Would be great to pop into a clan or whatever with QT3 folks…

Yeah, I could use a good clan myself. Need some blueprints too. ;)

PC for most of us, I think.

Yeah there is, and it’s worth persevering with, because the gameplay just gets better and better as you get more mods and frames, and get the movement system in muscle memory.

Actually just thinking about it there, it’s a bit similar to the situation with EVE Online: 1) because of the lack of easing and explanation for new players (or even returned players facing new things) it really helps to be in a clan with other (experienced) players, so that you can pick their brains when questions occur to you, and 2) you have to sort of canvass all the options and find one thing that tickles your fancy and really starts to obsess you, that you want to engage in, build or complete. Once you have that focus then it all starts to come together, then you do that thing, find another thing, etc.

One good place to start is to focus on getting a particular mod - one of the important ones, like Serration, Hornet Strike or Pressure Point (primary, secondary and melee main damage mods), or Vitality/Redirection (Health/Shields for your frame), and start filling in those pips with Endo and ranking them up. (The wiki has the info on where those mods drop and who drops them.) Then you start feeling the POWAH.

Then it all starts making sense as a very classy gaming experience.

As all good multiplayer games should (I think), it certainly supports your playing solo, and it’s fun to do so, but the game really shines when you’re playing with others (IMHO anyway). It’s a true multiplayer experience, not quite an MMO, but very close to it.

Hi guys, I’m not in a clan either so if anyone is starting one and needs recruits let me know. :)

On PC, send me a friend request (OneTrueCod) and I’ll send you a clan invite. I don’t have a ton researched, and you’ll probably want to find a more active clan if you plan on staying with Warframe for the long haul, but I’m happy to play host for the Qt3 crowd for the time being. I think I can fit five of you right now.

I’m on Xbox, and play off-and-on. I have a solo clan that I’ve researched a bunch of stuff in, but not nearly all- I’d guess around 50% maybe less. But I did research all the regular Frames, and a couple of the Archwings. Priorities.

Sending a friend request later this pm; if you still have room, would love to join up. Just started this a few days ago and hooked. Would prefer a soft clan landing. “Hotfreak” in game, too.

Sure thing! I’ve got four or five slots open presently.

@Fishbreath Friend request sent.

@Calelari Friend request accepted!

I’ve left myself a reminder to hop on this evening and send an invitation.

Is an alliance just a shared chat channel at this point? Or are there other shared resources or benefits? The wiki info may be accurate, but it looks old.

My current clan is in an Alliance, and near as I can tell the chat is only thing there is to it since Solar Rails aren’t a thing anymore. And, honestly, this alliance (at least) is only marginally better than Region.