Warframe: silly named F2P coop TPS

This is currently my favourite setup (video is not sped up :); max tank Inaros with sprint mods and crit Dokhram zaw with melee dmg/range/attack speed/-status duration riven. According to overframe.gg I have 11.4m range which is pretty cool for a heavy blade. I’m also building a status focused Dokhram that I’ll use in a hybrid/CO config but for now I’m quite happy with how this one turned out.

Builds for the curious:

Zaw: https://overframe.gg/build/6477/ - I might put on Sacrificial mods to push the chc even further but I’d end up losing around 30% melee damage so I’m not sure if it’s worth it.

Inaros: https://overframe.gg/build/6525/

Not visible: Primary weapon with Amalgam Serration (25% sprint speed) and secondary weapon with Amalgam Barrel Diffusion (60% increased dodge speed). This fast and agile setup is insanely fun to play.

Railjack patch is out!

To clarify: you can build your Railjack. The adventuring in it part is still to come. I assume the early release is so folks will actually have one when the day comes to disembark.

Very cool. Feels about time for another Warframe binge.

Railjack complete!

Pretty nice and spacious inside. Building it wasn’t too difficult. 4 new resources were required but 2 of them I got automatically just from normal missions (the other 2 required mining). Took 6 million credits, but I got lucky and got at credit booster as a login reward.

Nice. Wonder if my clan has built one while I was away.

The Dry Dock is built by the clan, but the Railjack is personal so you have to build your own.

Edit: You can of course tag along on someone else’s Railjack

Not sure if I have the reflexes for another run, but …

That looks like a sub that has a pair of suitcase 4-number combo locks bolted to each side. Once I saw … could not unsee. I wonder what 8 digits unlock it?

If you see it from, say, a 3/4 profile, it looks more like a dog.

Just the initial portion:

Artists’ rendition:

Oh, I see it.

It is an eight digit suitcase lock Shiba Inu!

But to build the Railjack I need the dry dock :)
Missing a mutagent mass then I could build the cephalon item. Almost done then.

They did forget to add the digits to the lock. Another half-baked feature! :)

TennoCon 2020 ongoing. Watching it live on twitch / discord gives some rewards ,and also the TennoCon relay on Earth.

I’ve completely stopped following this game. The constant FOMO based model is fucking ridiculous and I’m done with it.

I know what all those words mean, but strung together in that fashion in this context I can’t make sense of them.

Anyway, I have to assume the weird even-by-Digital Extreme’s standards weirdness of Heart of Deimos is partly a product of quarantine. It looks to be gloriously strange.

I remember hearing about the overhauled experience for new players when they announced it last year, and it sounds like it’s launching with this big new update in a few weeks - cool!

I haven’t watched any of the streams or anything. Did they go into details about what the new player experience entails?

I’ve only ever played this game for a couple short hours when it first came out on Switch a couple years ago and even that was totally overwhelming at the time.

@Bateau is spot on. After playing for a while, my motivations shifted from playing for the fun grind and delicious gameplay to fear of missing important time-locked events, perks and the like. That killed it for me. Prior to reaching that event horizon I was addicted to WF like I’ve been addicted to a very few number of games in my lifetime.

I mean, I’m trying to figure out what you’re afraid of missing. I assume the experience of an event itself? Which is kind of in the nature of an event in pretty much every game that evolves over time.

It can’t be the rewards, because none of them are “gone forever” when the event ends, and I’m hard-pressed to come up with anything even close to “must-have” in any case.

I feel like your questions belie a classic application of rationality to affairs of the emotions. I don’t mean that as an insult in any way. Your way of looking at things is the better way, for sure. But the development model is to motivate by making the player feel like they have limited time to do things. Almost everyone rushes in WF. There is close to no rose-smelling. Why?

Not that I could see. All they mentioned during the stream that I can remember is that the new player experience would more reflect the animation you see beforehand, i.e. the “intro video” or something.

The new planet they are releasing for more mid-end game looks really really nice. And the bossfight reveal etc was quite good.

Still, without having the required weapons to fight it, I doubt I’ll be able to take it down. Was told the other day I needed something called the redeemer prime to do good damage, so now I’m farming that. Which brought be into doing railjack mission on someone elses railjack, since I could not finish building my own… and then I learned about a new skill system for it, where I had already gained quite a lot of points, but never distributed them, so now I can at least help out in space flight, which seems divided between piloting, archwing, boarding enemy ships/installations (kinda cool), building ammo/repairs in the back of the ship, fighting boarders, manning the side turrets of the ship, repairing damage (might be automated).

Also working on getting enough ‘intelligence’ gathered to fight some mob that is starting to take over sectors, as when I do missions there they take a tithe from my loot. Once I’ve finished that, I suppose I have to equip the right mods (which means I have to do missions to get those mods) on my hacking tool - in the right order, and then I can kill the boss and… dunno, maybe I’ll get a new weapon or something.

Finally finished making a infected Kubrow, thanks to some infection I have had on my character for a long time. My new pet looks really nice.