Warframe: silly named F2P coop TPS

You use her Molecular Prime ability, modded for Power to slow down more and Ability Duration to reach further.

The specific build I used years ago is outdated, but the concept apparently still works.

Oh my god, all this time I never realised her 4 has a slow attached to it! I just use it for the nuking…one dose of 4 and you only have to sneeze on an enemy to start a chain reaction of exploding bad guys. I love it! Definitely one of the more satisfying nukes in the game. :D

@Jag what you need is to farm affinity. So, blue nodes on the map. Level those weapons and frames to 30 then immediately switch them out. This is why @KevinC advised you to spend plat on frame and weapon slots, you’ll be getting through a lot of them on the neverending quest for more affinity. You can also sell max-ranked gear if you like, of course, to free up slots. I’d personally never sell a frame (unless I acquire the Prime variant) but a lot of weapons are kind of disposable once they’ve served their purpose.

You only get Mastery progress the first time you rank up a weapon or warframe to 30, once they hit 30 they will stop providing Mastery progress. From there you’ll need to expand and start trying other weapons and frames which is where having access to those sweet Dojo blueprints really comes in handy. Those blueprints will require materials, which in turn provides you some direction and motivation to hit certain areas of the star chart!

There are (or were) builds for her that use negative Ability Strength which reverses the slow into a movement speed buff. It could be situationally really nice when you’re farming infested Defense missions (particularly in a group) since it makes the waves go by much faster!

Always run void relic missions in groups. At the end of the mission a reward is rolled for each player’s relic, and you can choose among those rewards. More player with relics means a better chance of getting a good reward.

Yeah this is good advice, and if you and someone else both happen to roll the thing you want, always pick the other guy’s. That’s because if someone chooses your relic, you get bonus stuff (name escapes me) and you can later use that stuff to “refine” your relics, increasing the chance of getting the rare parts it contains.

I always called it fissure sauce. I think the actual term is void traces or something though, haha.

The anniversary events have brought me back into the game for now. Was looking at my mods, and I noticed that I still had some of these:

Way back in Update 7 when they revamped the mod system, all of the old mods were changed into ancient fusion cores. When endo was introduced, I’m pretty sure I checked the value of dissolving my remaining ancient fusion cores, and they were worth almost nothing so I just kept them. They’re souvenirs from the early days. Honestly, I had forgotten about them until just now.

So I checked the value again on dissolving them again, and holy crap:

No idea why they’re worth so much now. I don’t need the endo at the moment, but damn! Guess I should ascertain the market prices first though.

Any old-timers who were playing back in closed beta, check your inventory.

This video did not convince me to try Warframe, but it amused me for 8 minutes.

finally got my accounts merged, time to dive in again

I started playing again during the Thanksgiving holiday. First time playing in over a year, and it took a while getting a handle on all the changes and new content. In fact, thinking about it now, I should read the patch notes for the major updates to make sure I didn’t miss something important.

It’s been a few years for me; and I have to say, the prospect would be daunting.

I stopped playing a bunch of years ago, back when they introduced Cetus for the first time, the very first Open World.

Came back this year. It’s still the same “WTF do I do now, need to check a guide for everything” game, but the issue I had the first time, that Warframe will never allow you to do “everything” unless you make it your actual job, in the meantime I’ve played other “all your time are belong to us” games, and this time around I’m fine with just being able to do some of the stuff.

I think.

Returning player stuff

Your can absolutely do fine and enjoy Warframe without making it a job. Unless you insist on seeing and connecting everything right now.

I still haven’t created a lich, and that’s years old content now!