Warhammer 40,000 Action-RPG

I knew it! :P

That thread is awesome, Angie.

I haven’t watched it with sound yet, but that movie they’ve released makes this game look very good. I’ll definitely keep my eye out for it. This will be the first ARPG from relic, right? Or am I forgetting one of their games? Homeworld, Homeworld 2, The Outfit, Company of Heroes, Dawn of War, Dawn of War 2.

Needs more “cinemaction” or whatever it was.

No, wait. It doesn’t.

Well, that really brightens up an otherwise un-fun day.

I don’t think there is a single common asset from the other game. Relic started from scratch.

Suffer not the Greenskin to survive, I sez.

Okay okay, it’s not the single player campaign of DoW II. It’s God of War with Orks.

SQUAD BROKEN!!

I would so much rather play an Ork than a boring-ass Ultramarine. Are you listening, Relic? Ork expansion campaign!

And because I like nothing more than to derail a thread, in other Warhammer-related news, Fantasy Flight Games unveiled a new game set in the warhammer fantasy world. It’s called Chaos in the Old World, and apparently you play the Chaos gods themselves in their attempts to corrupt the kingdoms of the Old World. It looks totally sweet.

Frigging hilarious!

This thread delivers!

Also the game looks good.

I want to rant incoherently about Relic making Dawn of War 2 what it is and then making a third person action game for consoles but I don’t have it in me so I’ll just use an emoticon of a sad clown.

@<:’-(

Is it only me or this recalls Starcraft : Ghost?

This sounds like Warhammer universe God of War. Starcraft: Ghost sounded more like a Starcraft Splinter Cell to me.

Oh for the love of…

There are something like a dozen (maybe more!) major armies in Warhammer 40K. Must we really play the Space Marines in every videogame based on 40K? :P

(And against Orks, too. Gosh, we’ve never done -that- before…)

Okay, we did get to play as Eldar in Rites of War (which is Panzer General reskinned, so barely counts) and as Tau in that “game” whose name we shall not mention lest it unleash further horrors upon the world. But I mean -good- games.

What games did we get to play Orks in that weren’t RTS? An honest question, by the way.

Final Liberation? - It wasn’t realtime. Also, it was Epic, not 40K so perhaps it doesn’t count.

EDIT:

I WANT!!!

See Relic? Just don’t make it look like you’ve shot a homevid of melty plastic figures, lit by a 5 billion watt lamp and I promise I’ll be interested. Possibly even drooling a little.

The best part about this announcement is maybe now Relic will take their action rpg out of my RTS game…