Warhammer 40k Battlesector

They’re good, but I’d like to zoom out further. They have a map screen, but I’d rather have a higher view.

Other than that, seems pretty good so far. I have a few other quibblies, but I mostly just wish I would have started on the difficulty above default. I’ve only lost a few units so far. Part of me is disappointed units don’t gain experience, but another part is happy I don’t mind losing them. Attrition seems appropriate for Warhammer.

I’m also a little annoyed with all the narrow battlefields. Shuffling units shouldn’t take so much of my time from killing things. This game will inevitably be compared to Gladius, and I like a few of the things Battlesector has done, but think Gladius is still the superior game.

I think I’m about 6 or so missions in. Some of the new Tyrannid units can one shot some of your squads, so I’ve lost a few that way. I like how they explain that the earlier missions have stupid Tyrannids because they lack their synaptic link or something. I’m just not sure that they seem that much smarter now that they are linked.

I too hope it gets harder, so I’ll stick it out as well.

Argh damn OK I’ll get this. I’m about done with my Thorek campagin in WH2 anyway.

I’m really enjoying this, but with some work it could become really great. More factions plus a dynamic campaign (even just linked skirmishes) would make this amazing.

I imagine slitherine will add more factions.

As surely as the sun will rise so will an endless parade of warhammer DLC shall spew forth endlessly for years.

Three years later and we’re still seeing them for Gladius.

How does everyone feel about having to scrub the map of Tyranids at the end of every single mission? That style of mission design is what’s keeping me from getting Battlesector for now. Map scrubbing as the dominant strategy is what makes so many RTS campaigns boring. I can tolerate some dumb AI in a campaign mission, and long-winded expo dumps between missions are effortless to click past, but there’s no easy way around having to wipe every single map of enemies.

The Steam page has a roadmap that list additional DLC that include new factions/units. Probably very similar to what they did with Battlestar Galactica Deadlock.

There are generally just a handful of enemies at the end, who will come to you. Alternatively, they’ll throw new enemies at you after completing the objectives, but they will be near the final objective and you will usually spot those entry points and start deploying defensive lines in preparation.

I certainly don’t have any issues with it, other than it not yet being that challenging yet. Like krok says, it’s lore-appropriate. The enemy must be eradicated.

Anyone know how long the campaign is?

Twenty missions.

Thank you. That seems reasonable. I don’t know if I’ll be ready to dive right back in, but will look forward to more content.

Uh guys, this game has a photo mode. Press Backspace.

Wow… love that it gives a tabletop look.

Hurry up August 30th! I need my anniversary coupon.

Favourite tip for photo mode, hold down ctrl to pan the camera slowly and shift to move it quickly

That’s awesome.

Were I to buy this, would anyone be interested in an mp match?

“Press ESC to hide”

Space Marines don’t hide!

I started this on the difficulty level above default - not sure that was a good idea. Mission 7 at the Training Grounds where you are ambushed is absolutely killing me - if you focus on taking out the big artillery 'nids, the little ones swarm you. If you go after the little ones, the big artillery ones wipe you out.