Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide

It’s been two years, I think that’s a decent spread between a base game and a sequel.

Sure, if you want to be rational about it. I keep forgetting that I have the game installed. Does anyone know if the MP community is healthy?

The last time I played this I had a major sound bug that made everything really quiet or distorted (saw that it was widely reported in forums as well).

When I did play this closer to release I enjoyed my time with it but I really hope they improve the “feel” of the melee combat.
Killing Floor 2 (which doesn’t even focus on melee) does a far superior job of melee combat feel. In KF2 the is a better sense of impact, blocking, and damage. Also you can pinpoint distinct parts of the body to accurately behead, dismember, or cleave a body in half. In Vermintide I just felt like I was carving through papier-mâché enemies.

I’d love to play some MP

It’s better than Lawbreakers! Heyooooo!

Looks like it’s been a steady 700-1000 players average for the past few months.

Alright, I have to ask now. What is it with your delight at seeing MP games crash and burn? :)

I don’t think I delight in failure. I think what fascinates me about games like Evolve, Lawbreakers, or Mirage is the way all the bad decisions had to line up to create that failure.

A CliffyB designed arena shooter built on UE4 should be a shoe-in on paper, yet somehow they were able to drive that concept right into the ground like a lawn dart.

Ah, okay! I hope my question didn’t sound negative or like an attack, I was just curious because I always see you posting (dismal) usage numbers from Steam for those games.

Re: Lawbreakers, I just wonder if the market has moved on. An arena shooter with CliffyB should be a shoe-in, but how many younger gamers have even played an arena shooter or know Unreal Tournament? I see all these comparisons as it being an Overwatch knock-off, but my understanding is it’s much more like Weapons Factory for Quake or Unreal Tournament.

Erg, sorry. I just realized this was the Vermintide thread, I’ll stop there!

Regarding Vermintide 2:

We will NOT be selling loot boxes, or selling keys to unlock loot boxes. Loot comes from gameplay, not your wallet.

Also, the new trailer:

Oh yeah, I’m all about it! More Dwarf class options! Plus no lootboxes? Sold.

Very reasonably priced too, and they have a fine history of supporting their products. This will likely be one of those rare games I buy at launch.

Looks good! I know we’re not supposed to pre-order anything, but I tripped and fell over my keyboard.

I really enjoyed the first one, and always planned to go back and play it more. I just feel bad cause I still don’t know the maps and where the loot is and I feel like I’d be holding teams back. I guess I could just follow someone who looks like they might know the place.

Seems like anyone can get a beta key for Vermintide 2 here (source: this thread.)

the code is: ALIENWARE

Looks great based on the previews I’ve read, with a lot of enemy variety added to the best co-op first-person-shooter(/slasher?) out there.

Awesome, thanks for the link, I am anxiously waiting the sequel.

I have Verimintide and all the DLC and it continues to be one of my favorite games of all time.

Cool.

With there being no l4d follow up in sight I’ve been curious about this one.

Career paths and super abilities.

Vermintide 1 is 75% off on Steam right now. I picked it up and I am really enjoying it, just working my way through the campaign with bots and joining the occasional PUB group in hard mode (almost all of which end in defeat, when people instantly spread to the winds and die).

How did I miss this the first time around? It’s awesome :) If anyone is looking for a Steam buddy to bash rats with, I’m up for it.

I’m very excited for VT2. I’ll wait for console this time though. I’m also just hoping they optimize it in a way that people don’t just speed run one map over and over in the most efficient pattern ever. That ruined a lot of the game for me the first time. All these maps and people only played one, all this stuff on the map and people ignored it all and yelled at you if you did something off the path of excellence.