Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide

Didn’t realize we had a more open closed beta going. I’ll probably pop in at some point. Enjoyed what I’ve played so far.

I have a key but no time to try it. I am a sad panda.

I have no key, and time to try it - I am also quite sad panda ;-)

Send me a pm, and I will see if I can send you the key later on today (no promises since I have to get work soon).

Thats mighty nice of you - I’ve sent you a PM and appreciate the effort, even IF you don’t have the time.

One major issue in this beta has been the crashing that occurs after a victorious mission, before rolling for loot. According to the devs, it’s mostly due to the demand this beta has put on their servers as opposed to previous betas. They’ve partially identified the cause and will push a fix update in a few hours, which should reduce the crash frequency. In the meantime, they’re working to eliminate the end-mission crashing completely.

Also, those in this beta are automatically in every subsequent beta up to, but not including, the pre-order beta (unless, of course, you also pre-ordered!).

There you go. Have fun. I guess I will miss out on the next beta. Oh well, my backlog is great and I just want to play a character that wears a cool hat.

If people miss Left 4 Dead and like fantasy, this is 100% the game for you.

In the beta thus far, I’ve completed two missions successfully in which I was able to roll my loot dice to completion. I’ve completed more than two missions, but all the other ones crashed before taking me to the loot roll screen. Tonight, though, I experienced a crash while fighting, right after I fired off my charged ability as the Bright Wizard. Ugh. Completing a mission and rolling the loot dice is difficult to do with all of these crashes.

In its current state and 17 days from release, I can’t recommend this game. If they can eliminate the crashing, sure–it’s a fun game that’s worth the asking price, especially when played with people you know. Until then, hold onto your cash.

I don’t have a beta key, but seeing how this is a Warhammer based, cooperative, left for dead like, with leveling and loot… Totally in. I plan to grab the pre-order which also gives beta access the week before launch.

Since I know you have a mic… look for me then Mysterio. I will poke into McMs chat when playing.

But someone (not you) complains about my mic generating feedback. :-D

I’ll likely be pre-ordering, as well. I’m just waiting for GMG to make it available for purchase so I can perhaps use a voucher code on it. The product pages exist, but a “Coming Soon” is where the buy button normally is. :-(

I will say that this 3-day beta has been a waste for me. I’ve reached the loot roll screen only twice, but not because our team fails the mission. After a victorious mission, but before the loot roll, the game crashes frequently (although not as frequently as yesterday). It also crashes during the mission, or just restarts the mission if the host drops. The next closed beta is likely next M-W, so I hope the game’s more stable by then.

I just picked it up for $20.79 at GMG using voucher code 23PERC-AUTUMN-SAVING!

We need a party of at least four, so get to purchasing, everyone! :-)

How is this as a solo experience? Is that even a viable option, or is it something like Killing Floor 2, where suuuuuure you can jump into a solo match, but you’re going to die really quickly?

During the beta thus far, I was only ever on a team that had, at most, one bot. The biggest complaint about bots is they either pick up something that’s needed by a PC hero, or don’t pick up something the team would like them to pick up. Otherwise, they seemed pretty competent hanging in close proximity to everyone, killing the Skaven, and aiding those PCs who were bleeding out.

Think of Left 4 Dead. Really, it’s almost the same, but with a gear grind and classes.

Pre-order beta for the week before launch starts tomorrow (10% off too). Retail launch next Friday.

I’m ready! Bring on the Skaven!

Hm I have the collectors edition preordered but no key yet.

Just got my GmG Email, looking forward to trying it out.

The beta close to launch, but with a wrinkle it seems. When you install it you will only get a 300 or so meg footprint. Once this happens restart steam then it will download the other 11 plus gigs. It is expected to go live in a few hours.