Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide

I wanted to buy this, but steam servers don’t work to well right now, and no-one seems to be able to purchase anything…A bad time (Friday evening in Europe) for this to happen.

This was intentional. The 300 MB install was released yesterday with the full install having just been released an hour or so ago. I input my Steam code from GMG this morning (installed the 300 MB), and Steam finished applying the 11.9 GB update 45 minutes ago without having to restart Steam. If you purchase from Steam now or input a third party code, you’ll probably just get the 11.9 GB install and be immediately prompted to install.

In my case I bought it through Steam a few days ago and installed it through the my game tab a few hours ago. However it only did the 300 MB part. I then restarted steam and it went on to do the 11 GB part.

This is pretty fun! I’d love to hook up with some of you guys someday. Personally, I really enjoy the flamewizard . unlimited ranged, nice damage - just have to watch that magic buildup - a nice symmetry of skills and dangers.

Hey, now! She’s my hero of choice, having played her in the beta. We’ll have to settle this with an old fashioned arm wrestle.

Just played the first mission a couple times with Chaplin, his friend (Granite5 on Steam), and a random player. We were OWNED both times on Normal difficulty (Easy, Normal, Hard, Nightmare, and Cataclysm). It’s definitely harder than it was in the closed beta.

More people reporting in please, my mouse is hovering over the buy button since yesterday.

I played a bit with some guys on voice chat. Initial impressions:

– This thing is good solid fun. Even without loot (party wipe each time so far on normal) this feels like L4Dx 1000
– That Mysterio guy— so unreliable =)
– The AI director, or whatever they are calling it in this one, already feels more varied and devious than I remember L4D being
– The characters are unique to a degree, but outside of the Bright Wizard they seem pretty similar but with modifiers (more blocking, shoots faster, etc)
– Maybe it is the fact that it is melee focused, but it feels a lot more frightening (and deadly) than L4D
– The lure of persistence with loot alone makes me super excited about this. L4D felt too repetitive or lacked a reason to play again on harder settings.
– Make no mistake, this IS L4D. The mechanics are all there from the AI director, to tanks, to survivor closets. It’s just…better (IMO).

So far, big thumbs up.

Hut hum. You mean the Battlemech? =) She builds and builds heat until you vent or you explode. A really cool mechanic and definitely the stand out. It’s extra cool that when you watch a Bright Wizard player you see her eyes light up, her hair lights ablaze, and her skin glows more and more as she builds up heat.

Ah Push it… push it real good. ‘Da da da nah nat nah…’ Seriously, lots of fun so far here. If you hated L4D then read up on it. If you liked L4D then run, don’t walk to your left mouse button.

Yeah , its awesome! The only thing that is a bit offputting, is that people are in a rush, and its difficult to get the things you need on the run, like healing and such. I guess like always, its best to play with friends! This game would be awesome on the PS4 though!

Ok ok , yeah GMG sent me a 25% off voucher on top of the 10% off, so its a no-brainer I guess. :p

Help me out here, since I’m not sure during which event(s) I was unreliable:

Was it when I saved your Witch Hunter butt (multiple times, mind you) while the Skaven with the dog catcher pole dragged you by your neck and hanged you from said pole?

Or was it when I saved you from the Skaven assassin who was strattling your prone body while filling you with vent holes?

It could have been when I killed the Skaven gunner while he was pumping you and the dwarf full of lead. Your pea shooters are no match for my mini-fireballs, after all, so someone had to put him down.

:-p

What happens in End Times, stays in End Times. Everyone knows that. You broke the code man!

Now, lets kill some ratmen!

Picked this up last night too. Haven’t had a chance to jump in so far but really can’t wait. Shellfishguy on Steam in case I’m not on folks friends list yet.

I sent a friend request - I have a feeling this will have longer legs so to speak with friends instead of just randoms :-) I’m Razgon, in case anyone isn’t friended with me on steam (And want to, of course!)

Ping Chaplin or me next time. We were on a mission when I saw you start the game.

I was finally awarded with my first green item in the pre-order beta: a sword for my Bright Wizard!

When I first received it, the locked upgrade read something like “3-10% chance to heal for 10% of your health with every kill.” I thought that meant that, with every kill, I had a 3-10% chance, but it’s not. It’s the value range that will be rolled once the upgrade is unlocked. After using a single white resource to unlock the upgrade, I rolled a 9.5%! So now my BW has a 9.5% chance to heal for 10% of my health with every kill with the sword. That’s huge for a BW and an incentive to use the sword over my staff while low on health.

Boy, the repeating pistol is really bad.

gonna play a bit of this for the next week or so

That’s a great sword Mysterio. Health management is a huge chunk of the game. I finally got something other than white, but pretty meh so far. I am noticing that I am getting a lot better at using the melee system. Now I am blocking, pushing, and charge attacking with regularity. I guess I am not a green weapon.

The repeating pistol is not my favorite. It is an auto-shotgun essentially. So you need to be in close with it. As the Witch Hunter I mainly use my guns as things close or to thin out ranks, then go to my rapier only to pop off the off hand musket when something is at medium range.

Picked this up tonight and played a few multiplayer games and a few rounds with just bots. Man, it’s crazy fun and easy to pick up too.