Warhammer: Vermintide 2 - Left 4 Chaos

I’ve been playing a lot less waiting for 1.0.5 to hit. Apparently there was a huge bug in how power worked and now that it’s fixed the game will be completely different.

Pumped to get back in to it.

I’m still playing this, usually getting in a match or two a night. Got Sienna to lvl 25 – that “exhaust all overheat with burning skull” talent is a big boost in power. I’ve also become a fan of her 1h mace - I actually look forward to seeing stormvermins since it’s so much fun to bonk them on the head.

Shouldn’t get too comfortable with her though, since pyromancer + beam seems a bit too OP at the moment, can’t imagine she won’t get nerfed in some form.

A bit OP? She’s more or less singlehandedly killing everything on Veteran level most of the runs I’ve been on the last week or so. Of course, I don’t know the power level, but no-one comes close to doing the kind of damage more or less ALL Siennas do - Its a great game though, and I still enjoy it immensely.

Beam Sienna is just broken.

She’s the best at basically everything, especially as Pyro where overheat completely doesn’t exist.

Every other staff is cooler, but Beam Staff is the most effective and trades nothing for it.

It’s all true, but I’ve just gotten used to the left/right mouse switch from V1 (the beam used to be on the right mouse, the shotgun on the left without having to right click) let me enjoy it a while before nerfing please!

1 million playerssssss…

http://www.vermintide.com/news/today-we-reached-one-million-players/

Patch 1.06

A number of balance changes, some weapons buffed, beam staff nerfed, long bow/repeater pistol slightly nerfed, some bosses toned down a bit.

And most importantly:

Nice!

Sweeeeet.

Maybe I’m doing Sienna wrong (I’m low level) but the beam isn’t the best at specials. I’m out there shooting the special for like 10 seconds and then THORNE comes and shoots them all.

The left-right click shotgun spray is really really good thought. I think it’s 8 shots till overheat.

The only thing beam staff struggled with is Chaos Warriors.

A lot of it is that it stunlocks them forever.

The other problem is that it completely removes her heat mechanic if built correctly.

The beam staff has four attacks.

Left click - beam
Right click - shotgun
Hold right click, then left click - charged shotgun

And finally the one you’re missing -

Hold left click, then right click - charged snipe

It’s this final attack that would one-shot specials, at least prior to 1.06.

So everyone stopped playing? :p

I noticed my friends on Steam who played this in the last 2 weeks, has dropped down to around 10 people.

I also sorta burned out on it. A fun game, but it gets repetitive after playing all the maps a dozen times. Maybe I am just getting old, but after 25-30 hours, the grind for loot and leveling up just doesn’t do it for me anymore.

I uninstalled for now, lets see what new content they toss out later this year. I need SSD space for Mafia 3.

Still playing the game at least once a week with people on my Steam friends list that are Legend capable, just not playing with PUGs as much. Only natural that after a while some people going to drift away to a different game, usually due to new releases since there have been some good games releasing lately. Had some great fun with people while they were around.

I’ve actually been mixing in some Vermintide 1, using bounty board to get some Red weapons I never acquired yet for collection purposes, to help keep things fresher. Also been trying out some Duos and Solos lately; because apparently doing Legend with a four-man party wasn’t challenging enough I guess, haha.

Eager to see what this massive 22gb beta patch they talked about will have in it.

Heheh, it’s never really done it for me but I love the L4D formula and the Vermintides are really well done. I’m still playing it with friends between Sea of Thieves.

Courtesy of reddit. Nonsensical water wheel explained?

Mostly wanted to link that awesome illustration on the right. Again, I’d love to see the warhammer style of ugly fantasy art realized in 3D. V2 does a decent job, but TWarhammer is disappointingly bland.

New challenges! New hats! Mod support!

Out on XB1 this past week, and I picked it up. Don’t think it’s cross-platform though.

I didn’t play the first one, so having some fun learning everything and playing. And getting kicked from groups, ha!

Well, well… Time to reach into my wardrobe and fetch Kruber’s Bogenhafen hat I guess. Or Huntsman Kruber to be precise since it is class limited, which is a shame since I would wear it on Mercenary Kruber too if I could.