Warhammer: Vermintide 2 - Left 4 Chaos

15 is fine for veteran.

You should be more than fine to switch form Recruit to Veteran by Level 15. If you have any issues with groups, though it should hopefully be an isolated incident, we’re always available to setup a time for some QT3 rat\chaos slaying.

I felt bad for @rowe33 last night, we invited him to our game, but didn’t realize he was low level till we were already playing VET. He was down a bit more than he probably liked, but he did become good friends with the Hook Rat, twice if I recall.

I wouldn’t worry much about it, think you just ran into a bad batch. I’ve been bringing my characters from 7 onwards into vet pugs and only been booted once. I regularly see 7s and 8s in vet pugs as well.

I would have been fine, just haven’t played the Mage before so had no idea what I was doing :D

I did get rescued once, only to be immediately snared before I could even do anything - that seemed a bit much.

Devilish Packmaster was devilish. On the plus side, we completed the level and got some tomes out, so at least the loot rewards were going to be decent for the trouble.

My Foot Knight hit level 21 tonight. I’ve got orange gear across the slots, using a halberd since it destroys shields and feels faster than the warhammer. I’ll probably grind him to 25 before starting on another class though.

Actually. How did you know you were booted? Because I’m pretty sure you can’t boot people from the game. Likely the host just quit. Sometimes it migrates you and sometimes you’re back in your own hall alone.

I thought I got a “you have been removed from the game” message. I have seen games where everything freezes and it wasn’t my internet connection. Quite a few crashes and server errors, not during a map, but in the keep while doing crafting or opening chests.

You can boot people. Hit ‘tab,’ and you’ll see the vote-kick option. There have been a number of reddit threads about this, so it appears that some small group of trolls likes to kick people right as the run ends.

Fatshark has said they’re working on a fix.

I had a weird game yesterday where we froze up about 1/2 way through a level. After about 30-45 seconds, it restarted the scenario again, complete with the scrolling story load screen. Any idea what happened there? One other person came with me but we both quit because it seemed bugged.

Host crashed or quit. Dedicated servers are coming in April.

This is one of those strange games. I do not feel bad (like i’m constantly being downed). But I am objectively very bad, since when the end game stats come up, I almost never am first in any single category.

So the strange thing is, since I do not see my obvious shitty mistakes, I’m not sure how to get better. Like, I think I’m killing my fair share of rats while playing, then the end comes, and I’m not first in a single metric.

The only metric that really matters is damage taken, all the other ones are fluff and highly dependent on role. Waystalker and Pyromancer will generally top specials killed, etc. Just ignore the silly green circles.

Though you may see Sienna top the most damage charts if everyone does well at minimizing damage taken since it is a common strategy for Wizard players to utilize any temp health they have to vent overcharge, especially before the Level 25 talent which clears overcharge on Ult (ability) usage.

While I’m just getting into the swing of things in V2, the main metric of the game (contrary to what PUGs may think) is damage NOT taken. Efficient and prolific use of dodge, block, and shove make a great player and are the key to difficulty progression. If you can be in the game contributing to the party without straining healing supplies, you are in good shape. Work on that, then layer in smart aggressive play.

Also some roles really vary things. Some characters/gear specialize in downing specials at range. Some characters specialize in crowd control and and tanking. It’s really is not about wading in and mad harvesting kills.

In V1 I played Saltzspire (witch hunter). I did one of two roles depending on the rest of the group. If the group had a good shield user to cc and tank, I would take the rapier and focus on critical head shots against armored targets or pistol specials at ranged. If there was no CC, I would take the two handed Zwiehander and focus on shoving packs into a pocket to let the other players whittle them down as I now and again great cleaved a pack of slave rats. The former was a specialty assassin, the latter was CC with trash clear. Neither of these were much about end game damage or kill count.

From what I am seeing and reading, V2 is even more so with the specialization of classes and skills.

500k pc copies sold so far!

@Chaplin, @Jason_McMaster and I totally pwned the Athel Yenlui map…

Your cloak of Elvenkind is hiding you dangling in the background

That was a very embarrassing way to lose a match.

To fill in for those that were not there, there was a rat warp thrower in the funneled terrain just on the left of the frame moving away from the cliff. We were doing quite well, and Chaos whispered into our ears to see who could get the thrower first. So we charged around the corner all bunched up as it proceeded to warp puke us all backwards off the cliff. The bot player didn’t do any better as we all dangled there. Maybe if Sienna was played by @tomchick we would have stood a chance after such reckless folly.