Watch Dogs 2 - Ubisoft's other open world IP returns

Yup, looks like I got it. I don’t recall specifically downloading it or installing it, though.

Was talking with McMaster the other night during one of his twitch streams, asking what open world game I should give a go next. My last was AC Odyssey, so I checked the backlog and the big three I had waiting for me was Watch Dogs 2, Mafia 3 and Middle-earth: Shadow of War. He said this was probably the best of the three games.

So far things I reallllly like:
Personality of everyone is dialed up like 1000% from WD1.
Is he using a yo-yo as a melee weapon? If so its awesome!
Taser!
Fast travel unlocked from the start!
Better driving and general player movement from WD1.

Not far in the game yet, currently doing a mission with a talking car.

I absolutely loved Mafia III. Bought all the DLC right up front. The mood, the story telling, just loved it. I never played Mafia I or II, FWIW.

I liked WD2 for a while, but I got tired of some of the required puzzles that made me go online to find solutions. And I gave up when I was in a big room where I had to solve the puzzles before it exploded, and I ran from place to place trying to hit switches, etc. and got blown up, over and over and over. It had no purpose other than providing a hard puzzle. I eventually gave up and deleted the game off my PS4 HD.

I loved both WD2 and Maffia III

WD2 is fun but I enjoyed atmosphere/story and gameplay of Mafia 3 vastly more. But it needed to be patched to get that stage. If you play it, get the DLCs too, thy are great.

How does the scout x thing work? I am trying to take a selfie for more followers at Alcatraz but it doesn’t seem to register and I am near the front door with the government seal above it.

It’s been a while. You’re sure you’re taking the picture of the landmark the game intends? Also, sometimes a particular person has to be in the shot, and it’ll tell you so.

Did you try taking the picture from far enough away to capture more of it, maybe?

I eventually figured it out, its all about getting enough of the subject into the photo.

Finished up the church missions, and am about half way through the street art and atm missions, what a fun game!

Really enjoying the climbing puzzles, reminds me of the ubi games of old .

Finished up the street art/spray paint mission. Also just went to a weird party at the beach at night. Scout X needs to be in every game goin forward, gain xp, see the cool sights in game, snag easy screenshots. Story spoilers: Saved The Fox tonight and also met up with T-Bone! :D

This made me chuckle as I was in the middle of a mission.

This game really is a huge improvement over Watch Dogs 1.
Also is it just how I am playing or does money seem pretty useless?

I found money a useless number about halfway through too yeah.

Oh hey, I was doing a ScoutX location and someone nearby in the shot made comments and photo bombed me!

54% so far , around 25 hrs in. The game really upped the difficulty with FBI missions.

Overall this little guy is the mvp of the game.

The default control mapping on PC is atrocious. Drone and RC car are used so often it should be mapped somewhere close to wasd. In the end I map to c and z respectively.

I finished it a few months ago. Unless they improve dramatically with Watch Dog Legion I have to give it a pass. The story is interesting but the gameplay is just meh, very repetitive by the end.

The default control mapping is not to use a keyboard.

Just finished the first game and see this is $8 over on Epic… Do I really need yet more Ubigame? Part of me say yes!

It was, by far, the better game if that helps.

Having fun with this now but there’s a weird performance hitch, usually when you turn your car, that’s a bit annoying.

Have you updated your GeForce driver this week? As this weeks’ driver fucked up another Ubi game, AssCreed Origins royally.

Why would you update your graphics drivers? This principle has served me well since 2004: Never, ever update your drivers if everything is working fine. Don’t update them even if things aren’t working. Try everything else first. Only if all else fails, update your drivers.

That’s the true secret to making your PC last 11 years like my current one has.

Did it? Well shit. Guess I won’t be playing this this week.