Watch Dogs 2 - Ubisoft's other open world IP returns

I was wondering when we’d get some details of this season pass.

$39.99

That’s even less appealing than the WD1 season pass, the only worthwhile part of which was the Bad Blood expansion. Or the AC4 season pass, the only worthwhile part of which was the Freedom Cry expansion.

Maybe if it’s ever on sale for 60 or 75% off. And even then, it’s just a maybe purchase. Skins, outfits, “special” cars, and co-op modes are worthless filler.

Man people pre-ordering the season pass of the sequel to watch dogs 1. how quickly they forget.

Pre-orders are “below expectations” for this game.

[quote]
The open-world computer-hacking adventure Watch Dogs 2 is failing to generate as many preorders as Ubisoft was expecting, Guillemot said during his call with investors. That is likely one of the key reasons the company revised its full-year guidance down from $1.89 billion (1.7 billion euros) to a range of $1.79 billion to $1.86 billion for the 12 months ending March 31. Ubisoft explained that it was making this adjustment “to factor in more conservative sales projections for the second half” of its fiscal year.

At the same time, Ubisoft raised its guidance for its operating income from $255 million (230 million euros) to a range of $255 million to $278 million. It explains that dichotomy by pointing to the success of its digital business, which would inherently have fewer overhead costs.

Finally, Guillemot also alleviated investor concerns that Watch Dogs 2 could flop. He says that he believes gamers are uncertain about the quality of the sequel compared to the original. The CEO expects that many consumers aren’t preordering so they can take a wait-and-see approach and then jump in to buy it when they see positive reviews.[/quote]

I think he’s pretty spot on there about the hesitation. We’ll see if he’s right about the positive reception. I haven’t even bothered to view any of the videos that Telefrog has been posting in this thread, since I found the first one so mediocre.

It’s still my most disappointing game ever, I think. Maybe tied with Master of Orion 3.

Heh. I mean, it’s clear they took the hint that WD1 was a sour, grey, boring game and now they are putting FUN! inside WD2, more close to the crazy and fun characters from GTA. It’s clear in the previews we had until now, but it’s funny to me that philosophy can be seen even here, in just a pamphlet of the season pass. Just look at the visual design on that image. Purple headers! Blues, purple and green! Rainbow painted car, orange clothes!

I’ll jump in when the gold edition is $25 on Amazon. :p

I really dislike the l33t hip hacker style they went with for WD2.

Yes Ubisoft tell me how I can pay more money than necessary to wear hip clothes in a fantasy about subverting corporate culture.

@Telefrog’s pretty excited about this game, right? That’s the impression I’ve gotten so far. You can clue the rest of us who are waiting on how it turned out.

I don’t know if “excited” is the right word, but I am curious.

I disliked Adrian, the faux Chicago, and the driving from the first game.

From what I’ve seen so far, I think the faux San Francisco looks really good. The driving is supposed to be better. The drone stuff looks nice.

I’m not getting the season pass though.

I would have pre-ordered if they had let Best Buy give a $10 bribe, like they did for BF1, TF2, and IW. But they didn’t, so what’s my hurry? Ubisoft games do not hold their price point for long, and I can wait until March when it’s under $30 if I need to.

It is amazingly predictable and calculated.

But…that sweet T-Bone DLC dude?

Trailer looks so good graphically. Main character seems alot more likeable than the original guy. I’m more interested in how they do multyiplayer. Some of the original Watch Dogs multiplayer modes were fun and original… though not really deep.

This trailer almost makes me want to be a hacker like the main character. I like his style!

Another reason to wait on this, the season pass stuff is delayed 30 days for non PS4 players. I wasn;t going to buy it anyway, but seriously, I hate that crap. And what about the people who paid IN ADVANCE for their stuff by buying the XB1 gold edition? There’s no justification for that. And people think not bothering with review copies is player hostile.

To nail this point home…

…and? Where is he?
Was he one of the dancers?

I can’t believe it has been 10 years already :(

Could be longer. The 2006 version was the first one I saw and I know he’s got one from the year before as well.