Watch Dogs Legion - It's London baby!

At least The Division 2 is a pretty good game. Maybe not stellar, but pretty solid. More engaging by far than Legion.

I am sure there are dozens of PC players upset about this!

I actually kind of like Legion, but i take it from a certain point of view, namely putting about 50 architecture interns to work cranking out interesting buildings, combined with a game that prefers non-lethal confrontations. On the hardest difficulty w/ permadeath, it does feel more interesting than simply being able to wade into combat as a normal shlub. I do like wandering around modern, European styled interiors as opposed to… everything else that’s contemporary to it right now.

But multiplayer feels like a white whale feature that they’re doing only because Ubi might be sued at this point if they didn’t. I imagine once the multiplayer upgrade is done, so is Legion.

They still would owe “season” pass owners some content.

Good point, i hadn’t paid attention to that. They’ll probably string some missions together - it seems that creating mission content is the easiest of the workflows in an Ubi studio (look at the AC games in recent memory to see evidence of that). You’ll know it’s a pump and dump if the final season pass is just a truck full of clothing options and other skins.

Wait this game had a season pass? Didn’t they learn their lesson from the last game and just give up on it before trying?

I didn’t realize any season pass content was released.

Watch Dogs Legion Title Update 3.25 Patch Notes

Here are the official patch notes for the latest Watch Dogs Legion update:

Global

• Additional fixes for the missing masks players had reported after TU3.0. Masks should be available in the wardrobe after the update is live.
  • Fixed an issue that could cause the “Recruit an Operative” objective to not correctly update during the Online Mode onboarding mission, causing players to be unable to complete the mission.
  • Fixed an issue that could prevent players from recruiting an additional operative with a “Team is full” message during the Online Mode onboarding mission, making it impossible to complete.
  • Fixed an issue that would allow enemy NPCs to target and shoot players through the floor.
  • Fixed an issue that could cause an infinite loading screen when trying to join another Spiderbot Arena match after finishing a match and joining via the leaderboard screen.
  • Fixed an issue that could cause a player to lose control over the camera after joining a new Spiderbot Arena match when joining via the leaderboard screen.
  • Fixed an issue that caused the text chat to not properly work on PlayStation systems. Text chat has been re-enabled.

PlayStation 5

• Fixed an issue that could cause the game to crash when launching the PlayStation 4 backwards compatible version of Watch Dogs: Legion .
  • Fixed an issue that could cause the game to crash when leaving a Spiderbot Arena match and joining a public free roam session.
  • Fixed an issue that could cause the game to crash when disconnecting from a Spiderbot Arena match.
  • Fixed an issue that caused the Text To Voice Chat option to not work.
  • Fixed an issue that could cause the game to crash during combat or while driving.

Xbox Series X/S

• Fixed an issue that could cause the game to crash when disconnecting from a Spiderbot Arena match.

I might fire it back up if there were new single player content. It’s not impossible that they might jig around the NPC legion system to make it more meaningful. Maybe? They did iterate on companions a little in Breakpoint, going from having none, to having user definable buddies, to having defined squadmates for one expansion. It would be good if they’d use season pass type content to refine the big idea rather than give up on it. My guess is we’ll see recruitable/playable (N)PCs somewhere in other Ubiseries. Assassins, Ghost Recon, Far Cry. Bet you a dollar.

Supposedly, character costumization is coming in about a month so that should help a bit.

I just hope the franchise keeps going. I like WD and accept that if Ubi changes things up it will sometimes work less well. I want them to try new stuff out, not do endless reskins.

Isn’t it supposed to be pre-loadable now? The Pre-load button is not lighting up for me yet.

Free to play from March 25 - 28. Guess I’ll try it out this weekend and see if if’ts worth buying =)

Anyone with a powerful computer should really check out this game during the free preview weekend.

I guess it’s been a while since I played a Ubiworld game. Far Cry New Dawn was the last one, and it looked amazing, and this one is similarly amazing but in an urban environment. Honestly, this is the kind of graphical fidelity I expected from the original Watch Dogs based on that trailer back before the XB1 and PS4 were announced.

Of course, I haven’t played enough to judge the gameplay, I’ll just believe everyone in this thread who says it’s lacking. But it’s still worth checking out the free preview just to see the amazing city they’ve created here.

Overall I really enjoyed the free preview weekend. There’s a radio station in the game with electronic hits from the 90s/00s, and I just loved grooving to the music while exploring London. Just going around various neighbourhoods and finding tech points is a fun way to explore the space they’ve built. And as someone who hasn’t been to London since the 80s, the London in WD:L is far more interesting a place to explore than the one I saw.

Anyway, I had a great time, and it was a good reminder that Ubisoft is really good at creating virtual places to explore.

I’m curious what makes you say that. The main additions I can think of that you’d notice in the game, beyond the relatively small amount of totally made up stuff, would be all the new developments in the City. And I suppose the area around King’s Cross is different in-game in a way that might be more interesting to explore (certainly safer than in the 80s).

Heh. It’s funny you mention that because King’s Cross is exactly what I explored in detail yesterday, and that was the main thing I was thinking of when making that comment. Just the way they took a classic space like that, and mixed it up as a modern space within the same structure, and combined it with the underground tube station too, kind of.

That area has changed pretty dramatically in real life. Obviously it isn’t compressed up to Camden in the same way as in game, but the immediate area around the station(s) is pretty much unrecognisable from the 80s/90s.

Down to $20 on physical media

Hey, remember when people cared about this game?

Yeah, but then it actually came out. :(

-Tom