Webcomics that may interest only me

You are bad and you should feel bad.

This is so far from true it’s on a different world. A bizarro world, if you will.

Well I have already allowed that it is not for me, and as I am not willing to read wikipedia articles to supplement lame gags stretched incredibly thin I can fairly safely conclude that it definitely is not and I should never read it again. Also I could indeed see how that first strip references the second one, but it just wasn’t funny.

Ohhh, wait is it about them being obsessed with the hair? No, it’s not really all that funny. The pink trail that King Mod’s scooter is leaving, unremarked, is funnier.

Different strokes for different folks. I enjoy the hell out of scary go round. If y’all don’t, well… shrug.

Yeah, I wasn’t trying to be like “Here are the reasons you should change your opinion of what is funny.” I was just trying to get a handle on the appeal of Scarygoround et al. I don’t think it’s bad, especially when compared to the howling suckhole that is webcomics in general, but I don’t see what inspires such devotion. Then it got all comedy autopsy in here. I promise not to call you a bad person until you post QC again, ok?

I try and keep myself to one dick. Because normally when I feel a need to be a dick, it’s because venting helps make me less pissed. I fully acknowledge that 95% of the time, writing an internet post pointing out how wrong, dumb, and super-wrong someone is will not make them see reason*.

I don’t get to the two dicks level most of the time because that just makes me more angry. I don’t like being angry.

*reason is, of course, whatever I believe.

i’m pretty much pegged at dickfinity

Well, duh. Maybe if your post count here was around 22,900 fewer you’d have a shot at some other rating…

There needs to be another path to two dicks from “yes, I thoroughly understand the situation” that’s something like “but how will they know they’re wrong if I don’t tell them?” I know I’m not the only person who struggles mightily with leaving just one comment.

That does not make you a bad person.

I put myself at 2.5. Others may disagree.

Yeah, “I’ll only leave one comment” is not the only answer to the question “then why are you still here?”

“How will they know” is one path. “But I’m still pissed anyway!” is another. You can understand what’s going on, not like arguing for its own sake, and still be irrational about it.

Oh, and in case it wasn’t perfectly clear… I love that flowchart to death.

Rimbo’s comic seems biased against people born with more than one dick. =)

I started to respond to a senseless post, a politically-charged one in a completely nonpolitical thread, one that had really nothing to do with the topic, and stopped. There was no way that I could say anything that would enlighten the poster in question. Level 1, baby!

Then I realized Professor Internet was saying I was dickless.

I ran into an interesting comic after seeing it mentioned in a Winter Soldier comment thread elsewhere: American Captain. The premise is that it’s a diary comic written by Steve Rogers. It’s got a very interesting mix of slice-of-life moments, some pretty great character humor, and even some more serious subjects (Steve and Pepper Potts discussing/arguing about art, Steve struggles with PTSD and it’s up to Tony, of all people, to try to help him with it) without ever breaking character. The artist really has a handle on the voices of the various Avengers. It’s pretty damn good, go read it.

Ah, the SHEILD initiative. Not as top-secret as the other one.

Not technically webcomics (more like infographics) but likely still worth sharing: Kind of Normal - Truth Facts

Examples:

More here.

The “women, boobs, shoes, amirite?!” stuff makes me think they’re crowdsourcing their material with a DIY tool.

I just assumed it was being written by a misogynist asshole. But this one:

is pretty great.

From Our Valued Customers, a journal of things overheard in a comic shop.