Wednesday - Addams Family, Netflix

Yeah, Ortega, who is I think 20, is killer in this role. Carries a lot of it on her slender shoulders. Casting overall was great though; I loved pretty much all of them, and Ricci’s role was a hoot.

Loving it so far (2 episodes in). This is the show that Sabrina wanted to be.

This is getting a lot of good buzz. I don’t currently have Netflix, but when I do, I’ll definitely check it out. I’ve never seen any other Addams Family media, should I watch something else first to fully appreciate this one? Like maybe the Christina Ricci movie?

Both of the 90s movies are worth watching

I love that thanks to this series, Gen Z’ers are discovering the magical world of The Cramps.

Sounds like Poison Ivy Rorshach is going to be seeing a little bit of money for this:

Also cool that a member of Buck Owens’s backing band is seeing some nice songwriting royalties for it.

I still have yet to watch the series, but I will soon. But somehow the Youtube algorithm knew to push the dance scene video at me based on my obsessive viewing of any Cramps concert video that exists there.

And I think the late, great Lux Interior would’ve absolutely adored that scene, too.

Goddamn I love that band. They used to play Seattle most years during the week leading up to Halloween, and we would almost always go. Poison Ivy winked at me once, I swear.

Poison Ivy throwing off those echoey guitar riffs while standing there almost completely still, looking completely detached and chomping on gum, is one of the sexiest things I have ever seen at a rock concert…

I’m very happy for her that she’s going to see a little bit of money for this.

Personally I would recommend the original series. I’m sure the video looks bad at this point, but John Astin and Carolyn Jones (MROWR!) can’t be beat.

From the 60s?

Actually, I’ve had good luck going back to shows from the 60s lately. Star Trek. The Twilight Zone. Maybe it’s not a crazy idea. And it is on Freevee.

Youtube has full episodes of the TV series posted by MGM Studios.

I would absolutely watch at least a couple of the original TV episodes.

The Charles Addams cartoons, a lot of which I read in the New Yorker as a kid, are fabulous as well.

Just met Uncle Fester.

Feels like entirely wrong casting, but the rest of it has been solid.

But he annoys me.

I’ve enjoyed this. The plot is not the strong point imho, the mysteries are pretty clearly telegraphed and little felt surprising. BUT, the presentation and style is fantastic and there’s clearly fun to be had with school for magical goths.

Different strokes. I loved him. Not as good as in the movies but pretty funny.

The voice is just all wrong for me.

But I also just met him in the show. Maybe he’ll grow on me.

Oh, I can see that. It’s going to be a matter of personal preference, no right or wrong answer of course!

He sounds just like Jackie Coogan to me. He’s perfect.

agreed on the voice. also I found him annoying, but I always found fester annoying and I love it.

I think Fester is supposed to be annoying. It’s whether he’s also entertaining while being annoying that seals the deal or not.