Week 3 NFL picks

cf. when Smith was hurt and Moose was the man. It’s not that Delhomme focuses on Smith, it’s that Delhomme focuses on his primary receiver.

Sure, yeah, that’s it, because in the Giants game the other night, it was ALL Eli – I mean, he caused that fumble and the shitty playcalling by Reid, yessir. All Eli.

Carolina at Tampa Bay
Chicago at Minnesota
Cincinnati at Pittsburgh
Green Bay at Detroit
Jacksonville at Indianapolis
N.Y. Jets at Buffalo
Tennessee at Miami
Washington at Houston
Baltimore at Cleveland
N.Y. Giants at Seattle
Philadelphia at San Francisco
St. Louis at Arizona
Denver at New England
Atlanta at New Orleans

Anyone can throw up a jump ball. Plexico made that catch and won the game.

Can we stick to picks to make it easier on our fearless leader to count the picks?

Carolina at Tampa Bay
Chicago at Minnesota
Cincinnati at Pittsburgh
Green Bay at Detroit
N.Y. Jets at Buffalo
Tennessee at Miami
Washington at Houston
Baltimore at Cleveland
N.Y. Giants at Seattle
St. Louis at Arizona
Denver at New England
Atlanta at New Orleans

TOUGH picks this week…I don’t like it.

I’m going to go with probably not.

He’s throwing off his back foot becuase Jax’ defense was in his face constantly.

I think Ben’s good, but he’s not as good as his reputation since he’s benefited from a beastly running game, one of the best WRs in football, and a ridiculously good defense.

You mean he’s overrated? NO! You don’t say.

Ben’s average passes per game are much lower than the other Steeler’s QB, something that a lot of people overlook.

Whoever he is. Good lord.

Thanks, but don’t worry about it, I can pretty easily skip by the discussion when I need to.

Carolina at Tampa Bay
Chicago at Minnesota
Cincinnati at Pittsburgh
Green Bay at Detroit
N.Y. Jets at Buffalo
Tennessee at Miami
Washington at Houston - For some reason I really want to pick Houston here, too. I just can’t do it, though.
Baltimore at Cleveland
N.Y. Giants at Seattle
St. Louis at Arizona
Denver at New England
Atlanta at New Orleans

Carolina at Tampa Bay
Chicago at Minnesota
Cincinnati at Pittsburgh - The Steelers will turn around, but not yet
Green Bay at Detroit
Jacksonville at Indianapolis - Colts are overrated, but Jax offense isn’t quite enough
N.Y. Jets at Buffalo - goes against my head
Tennessee at Miami
Washington at Houston - damnit I picked Houston too soon, can’t bring myself to do it again
Baltimore at Cleveland
N.Y. Giants at Seattle
St. Louis at Arizona - gotta bet big when you’re behind
Denver at New England - The Pats have a better running game than the Broncos?!?!? maybe, but it won’t matter
Atlanta at New Orleans - ug, which hype is worse, Atlanta’s or the reopening of the dome?

edit.

Eli can run a sub-4.5 40? I vote to stake Eli Manning.

Yeah, lots of tough games to call this week. I’ll use my strategy of picking games semi randomly when I don’t really know who to pick. It’s worked so far!

Carolina at Tampa Bay
Chicago at Minnesota
Cincinnati at Pittsburgh
Green Bay at Detroit
N.Y. Jets at Buffalo
Tennessee at Miami
Washington at Houston
Baltimore at Cleveland
N.Y. Giants at Seattle
St. Louis at Arizona
Denver at New England
Atlanta at New Orleans

Carolina at Tampa Bay
Chicago at Minnesota
Cincinnati at Pittsburgh
Green Bay at Detroit
N.Y. Jets at Buffalo
Tennessee at Miami
Washington at Houston
Baltimore at Cleveland
N.Y. Giants at Seattle
St. Louis at Arizona
Denver at New England
Atlanta at New Orleans

Wow did Favre look good today. And Eli Manning has done a terrible job in the beginning of his last two games. It was horrible watching those three picks in the start of the Seattle game. It was all but over in the first quarter.

Ok, calling the Giants game over might be a bit premature (there’s still 9 minutes left as of this writing) but a comeback from that far behind is a bit much, even for Eli. And yet they seem to be catching up and making it look closer than the first 3 quarters did. That’s Eli, the fourth quarter wonder.

Nice comeback by Baltimore.

I’ll say!

I was feeling cocky after I called all the early games today perfectly, but the afternoon games really threatened to rain on my parade. It looks like the Baltimore win at least brings gives me a credible shot at being 50/50 for the afternoon games.

I’m starting to wonder if the Lions just play without linebackers. For 2+ weeks now, teams have just made a living out of throwing 7-15 yard passes over the middle. It’s always open.

Are they selling out to stop the run (which they in fact, do)? All I hear about is how the front 4 are able to generate pressure, so I don’t think they’re blitzing a lot. But I’ll be damned if you couldn’t just send a RB/TE on a circle/slant and Madden-glitch all day.

That said, without the Lions blocking themselves (on the 75 yard TD “pass” early) and a bad non-PI call on the pick-6 they could have won that game.

They didn’t deserve to, though, so I don’t mind them losing. The Tigers made the playoffs.

Heh. Roy Williams used a worse version of this logic to claim the Lions shoulda scored 41 points in week one and thus would do so against the Bears in week two.

Time to abandon ship on the U.S.S. Brady.

Clearly. New England is 2-1 and lost to a team they traditonally lose to.