We've got movie sign? - MST3K Kickstarts Netflix series

Wait. Does that mean they’re going to secure the rights to all seasons of the show? (Fingers crossed). That would be so awesome.

No idea, but my guess is that the new Revival season at the very least is going up. I have to imagine that the rights are so convoluted for the full back-catalogue that no one could possibly get all of it anymore. But there’s a decent smattering of MST3K on Netflix already!

Also, recognizing that you Joel purists probably hate this news, but as a Mike-era fanboy, I am really fucking pumped about this news, too:

Speaking of rights, quite glad to hear that they’ve confirmed it will be airing on UK Netflix (and other Anglophone jurisdictions).

Be advised this is coming to Netflix in April.

Woooooohooooooo!!,

Looking forward to it. Plus if you’re looking for old Joel episodes, you can find some gooduns on Shout Factory TV.

There’s also a Rifftrax channel on Ellation’s new VRV service, but as far as I know there’s no MST3K on there.

Anybody heard anything about earlier seasons maybe coming to Netflix?

Rights would have to be renegotiated for each episode seemingly since I’m pretty sure Shout Factory only has DVD rights, and the rights to each episode is tied up with rights of the original program, which makes things difficult to say the least.

— Alan

Shout Factory TV is their streaming service. It’s available via Roku, and, I would assume, other devices.

There used to be a whole bunch of MST3K on Netflix streaming, so it could definitely be done. I am guessing it is no longer a priority.

You know, a few years ago, I just missed out on a lightning deal at Amazon for one of the big sets. Such a pity.

IIRC, several years ago there was a way you could get digital access to all of the original MST3K episodes for like, $300. If that existed still, or if it does, I’d buy into it I think.

Pretty sure this is what you saw. It’s not everything but there’s an awful lot.

oh, hmm, dunno why I thought that.

— Alan

Yes, that was it, and only 87?! flips desk

Shame they didn’t have the ability (foresight?) to lock up the rights to the films/episodes a little better.

Well, you can find the episodes you can’t purchase online. I downloaded almost all of the episodes from archive.org where people had VHS rips uploaded. Though, as I have spent a princely sum on most of the DVDs they have put out, I have replaced them with my own, better, rips.

I mean, back in the day, we traded the VHS tapes.

They insisted on it at the end of the closing credits. Keep circulating the tapes.

We’ve got trailer sign, ladies and gentlemen!

Can’t wait.