What Could Possibly Go Wrong?

If a Piper Cherokee is going 470 knots over the ground at 37,000 feet, you can pretty much bet there’s a hurricane behind it.

It’s not a Piper. It’s an A3330 that somehow got mislabeled.

Yes, I got that.

I appreciate you posting this because I know just about nothing about planes and how mistakes could be labeling problems so I was like “Oh no that poor man is committing suicide D:”

https://www.sfgate.com/news/us/article/Self-taught-rocket-scientist-propels-himself-12779293.php

“Mad” Mike Hughes, the rocket man who believes the Earth is flat, propelled himself about 1,875 feet into the air Saturday before a hard landing in the Mojave Desert.
The 61-year-old limo driver converted a mobile home into a ramp and modified it to launch from a vertical angle so he wouldn’t fall back to the ground on public land. For months he’s been working on overhauling his rocket in his garage.

So, he went slightly higher than the world trade center?

His rocket is powered by steam. Kind of appropriate for a flat-earther.

He made it almost half a mile, but you need to go 7 miles up to see the curvature of the earth and prove it isn’t flat. So he’s got a bit to go.

It isn’t the going up he really needs more work on.

“My story really is incredible,” Hughes said. “It’s got a bunch of story lines — the garage-built thing. I’m an older guy. It’s out in the middle of nowhere, plus the Flat Earth. The problem is it brings out all the nuts also, people questioning everything. It’s the downside of all this.

This is my caring face. :|

“Owls are so awesome!”
“How about we have one bring the ring to us at our wedding?”
“I love it!”

This is where Elon Musk got his inspiration from.

Owl: Fuck you and your Harry Potter bullshit.

That just looks like the owl was trained to perch on an outstretched arm and the guy didn’t realize he was doing the equivalent of ‘hey, HEY, land here!’

Fools! Everyone knows the proper birds to use with ring bearers are eagles, preferably giant ones if your wizard is skilled enough to summon them.

Yup, looked like that to me, too.

I dunno, don’t they usually arrive almost too late and cause a lot of unnecessary drama?

They’re doing stuff, Lori, things.

Good for leaving places though. Not so good on arrivals strangely.