What Could Possibly Go Wrong?

Maybe there is a “male enhancement gene” we can borrow from some closely related species?

Don’t humans already have the biggest penis of any mammal relative to body mass?

It ain’t the meat it’s the motion
That makes your daddy wanna rock…

Oh, no, it’s the apes. Humans have the biggest penis of all the great apes.

What a dork.

Great apes maybe, but not primates, IIRC (see: bonobos). Gorillas have tiny gentials compared to their body size, but that’s also a function of social structure and general promiscuity.

This is a fun book, it’s been a while since I read it though.

I dare you to compare yourself to an echidna.

I’ve seen the pics! Don’t post them!

I cannot. I have no arf.

So…today, a few cells in the brain; tomorrow, zombie pigs!

Fascinating, but who the hell wants to start experimenting down that path?!?
Or be experimented on?!?
Why the hell are we trying so hard to fight death?
Is life really so god damned wonderful?
Damn you, NPR!

No.

There are no practical challenges. We already knew that brain cells can survive an interruption in blood flow. That’s the whole rationale behind “clot-busting” therapy for stroke. The goal is to restore blood flow to brain cells that will otherwise die.

A lot of researchers have studied the absolute time limit before brain cells can be no longer be saved, and it’s somewhere between 6 and 24 hours. This study doesn’t change that estimate, since pig cells were rescued before 24 hours.

And practically speaking, it doesn’t change how doctors should deal with brain death. That’s because doctors always wait at least 24 hours before declaring brain death, at which point everyone agrees that all brain cells are irreversibly dead. Unless someone figures out a way past that limit (unlikely to happen), I don’t see any new ethical dilemmas.

All that’s missing is an angry pig brain pissed at seeing his mother turned into bacon:

Need a pet?

For sale: Cassowary - has only killed one owner

https://www.cnn.com/2019/04/25/us/cassowary-florida-auction-trnd/index.html

The San Diego Zoo says cassowaries are considered the “most dangerous bird in the world.” Although cassowaries are flightless, they can jump up to seven feet in the air – and swim. The San Diego Zoo says their three-toed feet have a “dagger-like claw on the inner toe that is up to 4 inches long.”
That claw, they say, can slice open just about anything it kicks.

Basically a Velociraptor.

Just a small reminder ;-)

Yeah this is basically what I think of reading that description. Large claw, 7 foot jump?

Australia always seems to have the most dangerous example of any given type of animal.

Especially this one:

Fear ME!