What did you dream about?

I dreamt I was ordering a pizza in this super high tech mall, except I had to lie back in a chair and there was an assistant wearing latex gloves who put a plastic guard in my mouth. It was way too much like going to the dentist for my taste.

I had a dream that I was running a new apartment building that also happened to be a large boat. Then I got a giant box of taco fixings, and had a fist fight with an acquaintance while watching a Wes Anderson film where the director had a role as an anthropomorphic fish.

Is it weird that I never, ever remember my dreams? I feel like I have a grasp on them momentarily when I wake up, but then poof, gone.

I’ve known a fair number of people who never remember their dreams, so I don’t think it’s too uncommon.

But my weird dream thing is that I’d say somewhere in the neighborhood of 2/3 of the dreams I remember involve me getting into a knife fight.

It’s funny how ephemeral dreams really are. I woke up this morning from a fairly odd dream, at least I do remember thinking ‘how odd’ upon waking, but I no longer remember any of the details. I guess this is why they recommend writing down your dreams.

Yeah, first post was the first dream I remembered in a year at least. I think it was because I was wearing a face mask. Wearing a mask plus noise-canceling headphones can be kind of trippy due to the sensory deprivation. Happens when I stay somewhere dark and quiet out in the country overnight too.

I remember most of my dreams. We’ve talked before on here about flying, etc.

Last night was really odd: first, I was in a van with my brother and sister, being driven by Donald Trump. He had essentially kidnapped us (though we were adults) and made us help him loot an archeology site of some valuable artifacts. He was trying to make a getaway and we were in the back trying to jump out of the van while it was moving, and with cop cars closing in.

Then the dream switched to an old high school friend of mine driving me around to car lots that were stocked with cars that had been stolen and then recovered, and were now being sold at auction. I needed a car, but I wanted ONLY either a Mercedes or a vintage Mustang, and every time we found one, somebody else bought it before we could get to it. I was getting very frustrated. Then I woke up.

I started getting semi-frequent batshit crazy detailed high-concept dreams shortly after I began taking an anti-depressant. I catalogued a couple of them. For the first, I cleaned up my stream-of-consciousness notes I wrote down immediately upon waking up into some messages for a friend, which I’ve copied here from our Discord conversation. The latter is just the content of the increasingly insane emails (including one point when I start telling myself my earlier interpretations of my own dream were wrong, lol) I sent myself at 4AM copied verbatim apart from a couple of spelling corrections.

General gist: in a fantastical magic world seedy dive bar, a cheat-wizard is fucking people over at poker with his deck of enchanted cards, where he magicked runes onto the backs of the cards only his Detect Magic abilities can see through the card protectors on the cards. He’s being a real dick to the lead characters in this dream, a party of Adorable Magic Kids, including one particularly insecure dude who is apparently a side character in the larger meta-narrative my brain invented before reaching this part of the dream.

Anyway, said kid has a magical unicorn hand-puppet who might just be a cute-and-snarky fursona or who might actually be a fully intelligent entity in her own right; no one is really sure. But when he starts losing, his unicorn puppet pal is all like, “Lemme take over kid, I’ve got this.” Her magic puppet hands obscure the runes the dick-wizard inscribed on the cards, making it harder for him to cheat. She plays up lots of innocence and naivete (“Oh haha I’m just a cute lil unicorn girl; what is a four of a kind? Teehee,” etc. etc.), but she nonetheless slowly and inexorably destroys the cheat-wizard. When he tries using some really potent magic at the end to save the game for himself, one of the puppet-kid’s friends who’s acting as lookout catches on and tells everyone that the big scary mouse-gangster who owns the bar and hates magic is almost here, so the wizard scrams and leaves his ill-gotten gains behind, and the magic kids celebrate, with the shy dude with the unicorn puppet being the hero of the hour for the whole bar.

It’s worth noting that there was a pretty significant rainbow-glitter body horror element to the unicorn girl’s appearance from the end of the magic kid’s arm – he kinda shrivels away into a grotesque vestigial limb version of himself when she comes out, or something, I think. It was weird as fuck.

Robotic intelligence comes alive due to magic when it realizes it has pride in its work and develops independence, is raised to journey where living things cannot, builds skimmer ship in parts like a pod racer to escape the planet, journeying thru wormhole to earth where we have a great ancient power held away discovered by a dragon, with an ancient spy planted, living among us unaging.

Planet in this system heavily surrounded by dust cloud, drew extremely close to sun, with tiny planet between, burning but made of impossible ice that refused to fully melt, swirling in the dust. Creates a habitable zone on the main planet “underneath” shadow of the moon" with enough heat and light passing around for life.

Robot must slingshot around little planet to gather water vapor to act as a cocoon to fly near the sun and gather speed to escape, surface of the sun covered in grasping flower like hands that try to drag you in. The back of main planet emerges from the swirling clouds on its far side and is utterly frozen by dead space, the system has more stars hidden among the choking dust clouds. The central and greatest is furious and jealous and doesn’t want you to leave. Escaping through wormhole to earth to see what the spy had found, find what the dragon saw.

Wait was wrong the robot is the embedded earth spy, but before, in her escape attempt from dust system a young soldier tried to stop her and rode along necessitating dangerous maneuver to get the water layer and fly between planets and the smaller sun, seeing the grasping flowers, to get back to a safe landing area for him, leaving him with visions none has seen before, driving his life’s mission to find a away for living beings to survive the impossible flight out of their insane space system to get to earth and find the robot spy, who cared for him, but also escaped him and left him alone with his knowledge of what lies beyond, in shame and anger. He grows strong and determined to follow someday.

Small ship has no life support only a tiny bubble of oxygen the robot made as they left safe atmosphere with the soldier riding along, had to bring him back so he wouldn’t die on the journey.

Robot gained life from the intelligence it stumbled upon in the magic it worked on to create magitech for the government lead by the vengeful stars that judge and keep the public low. One star struck the small planet with the terrible curse of ice and steam, another scarred the moon for showing too much independence.

Robot has shape shifting magic from its awakening. Stays on earth hidden, waiting.

Maybe I’ll remember another dream some time this decade.

Studies suggest a link between dream recollection and cannabis use.

Even after you have quit for many years?

Magic Eight Ball says: My sources say no.

I dreamt I was a child, walking with my siblings through a dim, stately hall with large Roman pillars. Our direction was purposeful, there were other nameless there; I had no idea where we were going, but my dream-self seemed to understand: I had roughly the same reflexive relationship as if playing a video game character.

I dreamt I was an office worker in some sort of underground Smurf village and there were some nasty office politics involving snooping on and murdering people.

Ouch. Reminds me of James Bond line after a villain gets run over by a snow machine.

“That guy had a lot of guts”.

That’s one hell of a dark first time post. :)

I have stress dreams about masks. I’m walking the hallway at work (either current or past), and I realize I am not wearing a face mask. Then I panic.

It’s the 2020-21 version of a being naked in public dream.

Last night I had a very, very vivid dream that my grandfather was alive again, after having died in 1988. I’ve had that dream a few times before, every year or so, but never so vivid and detailed as this.

It took place in our old house that I lived in from 1973 (age 13) to 1980 (age 20), when I moved out on my own. The whole family was there in the living room, together again, at our current ages for some reason. My mother, both of my sisters, my brother. Except for my father, who died in 2005, and didn’t come back to life for this dream.

I was speaking with my grandfather, and I knew he should be dead, and I was kind of freaked out about it, but didn’t let it show. I said, “Grandpa! You’re back!”

He said, “What do you mean?”

I said, “I mean, it’s good that you’re visiting us again.”

We talked a bit more, and then I went to find my mother in the kitchen. I took her aside, and asked how it was possible that Grandpa had come back to life.

She said, “Well, you know they’ve been doing some wonderful things with DNA.” She then told me how they (whoever ‘they’ were) dug him up and took a DNA sample, and grew him into the 86 year old man he was when he died. But before they could wake him up, ‘they’ had to repair whatever it was that caused him to die. Which they did. And so now here he is!

This dream, while it had our current ages mostly correct I think, conveniently ignored the fact that Mom and Dad were divorced in 1985, and also ignored the fact that our family is scattered across the United States. It was like old times, when things were less complicated. I’m 61 now, and doubtless have these dreams because I miss those days.

I woke up happy, but quickly got depressed when I realized it was only a dream.