What do you do if a workplace guy you don't like invites you to wedding?

Can I quote you on that?

Elsewhere, I mean.

I’ve never been the est at something. I’d consider putting that on my resume.

With that wall of text defending a clueless nutjob premise, Seiler is giving off a definite Koontz vibe here.

Not only have I absolutely loved the last 3 weddings I went to, but the food at all three could comfortably be described as unbelievable.

First one was in Ireland, a close friend (my flatmate at the time) getting married to an Irish lass on a holy island somewhere where the signs weren’t in English. We all stayed in the same hotel and partied till 6am.

Second one was down in Devon, our old neighbour’s son getting married and having the reception in a big marquee on his dad’s farm, right opposite where I lived for 16 years. Another fantastic time despite the weather, and the most amazing food as the groom runs a catering company. He wheeled in a hog roast at 11pm :) I have photos somewhere…

Third one was in Yorkshire, a gaming buddy marrying his girlfriend who he’d met at work. Both worked for a stately home and she had a lot of aristo friends, and the owner of the stately home hosted the reception. Oh my god. That was incredible. There was a minstrel gallery and everything. Particularly enjoyed it as I wasn’t expecting to be invited, but the wedding and the stag do (where I was brought along to represent his geeky side amongst all his army mates - and had a fantastic time) are truly treasured moments.

So yeah, I’m not at all cynical about weddings. Loved them so far.

If there’s ever a Qt3con, we have to make it our mission to get Brian Seiler laid.