What do you get when you cross Buffy and Bayonetta? Not Lollipop Chainsaw.

Title What do you get when you cross Buffy and Bayonetta? Not Lollipop Chainsaw.
Author Tom Chick
Posted in Game reviews
When June 12, 2012

There are precious few moments of inspiration in Lollipop Chainsaw. Such as running zombies down with a combine while You Spin Me Right Round plays. The combine handles like a zamboni..

Read the full article

For some reason, I totally mistook that game for shadows of the damned, or whatever that was called. Thus, I had forgotten it even existed and I think I'll go on forgetting about it.

Flashbacks to Stacy: Attack of the Schoolgirl Zombies

That's too bad, style over substance is pretty expected, but at least the style has to be styling.

Speaking of Bayonetta, its director Hideki Kamiya had the only new game announced at E3 I really care about: P-100(ok, Watch Dogs seems like it might be interesting). Also the only Wii-U exclusive, because I'm sure Rayman Legends will be running on your toaster come 2013. Nintendo did not even deign to mention it in their conference, naturally.

Sucker Punch: The Game.

I don't think I've ever seen a game that panders more than this lowest common denominator garbage. It's a shame Suda will likely never make another game as great as Killer 7, which was truly weird and surreal instead of forced and contrived.

80s jokes? Really? As if zombies weren't overdone enough...

reading the other reviews, I think your full of crap. With all the 9s this game is getting, I have to say that you are not only a piss poor reviewer, but a piss poor gamer as well.

A 1 out of 5? Seriously? Even if you didn't like it to give it a 1 out of 5 is ludicrous. Does it have bad graphics, sound, and is unplayable? Then maybe. Otherwise STFU.

LOL at anyone that listens to Tom Chick about anything. The moron couldnt even put together a real review.

This review focuses almost entirely on the premise and almost nothing on anything else important to a video game. Basically, this review tells me next to nothing about the quality of the game itself, and thus, the review is terrible. Unless someone can prove otherwise? :>

Looks like you pissed off this game's one internet fan, Tom :)

If zombies and suda51 can't win you over, Tom, the game must be poor indeed.

I'll probably still pick it up eventually for my Exploitation shelf.

1 out of five? Oh wait the site's name is Quarter to Three nuff said.

Its a bad thing to stay up to Quarter to Three playing a new video game am I right? It's the same thing how Joystiq reviewed Dragon's Dogma. Might have to put some substance in the review.

You broke the first rule of the holy commandants. "THOU SHALL NOT COMPARE WORKS WITH EACH OTHER". That's the substance you missed. Also you are trolling hardcore

Let me give you an fine example to get it through your thick head. Lets say you found a wicked puzzle game, I write a review and compare it to Tetris. Since the game is NOT BETTER than Tetris I give it a 1 out of 5 or whatever score people use.

Or a more recent example a review I shall use without even reading it. Pandemic. Lets say its not better than Atom Zombie Smash, I shall not mention anything else but the story and presentation is bad and keep on comparing it. Even though they are different games I DONT GIVE A SHIT LIKE YOU. So I give it a 1 out of 5 because its not better than said game.

Please WRITE A REVIEW LIKE A GAME AND STOP COMPARING IT TO OTHER GAMES.

To be perfectly honest, your complaints are fairly valid, but we live in an odd world where a 4 paragraph review on a personal blog is incorporated into Metacritic/Gamerankings.

Wait, did youatk no more heroes as one of Sudas failures?

You sir are in no position to affect the metacritic of this game.

Maybe you are justifying a purchase, or just eat up any crap Suda 51 does.

Please stop reviewing games. You are trolling for views. It works, but give us all a break.

I'm sure you're aware that some developer's paychecks are based on aggregated review scores. I don't think that's a good idea because fools like you shouldn't be able to have an effect on anything outside of your mother's basement. Shame on you.

To all those annoyed at Quarter To Three constant barrage of negative reviews in order to generate views: I would encourage you to send messages to the admins of Gamerankings and Metacritic and ask that Quarter To Three be removed from their sites so that they don't affect the aggregate scores. This site is a sham.

I'm currently calculating the deviation of this site's review scores from the mean of review scores for a large number of games. It isn't pretty.

Tom Chick has been reviewing games and participating in the game writing-sphere before most of us were old enough to have a job.

Still, I think 4 paragraphs, with barely any explanation in regards to how the game actually *plays* (besides saying "it's not Bayonetta") is very odd, and uncharacteristic of even Tom's other writing.

Look at his in-depth lengthy Diablo III review here on the site: something doesn't add up.

Then maybe it's time for him to retire. Opinion is one thing, but being a troll to generate views is another. You're right - something doesn't add up.

I doubt anything Killnsfun had to say had anything to do with justifying his purchase. This reviewer obviously didn't even write a review. Four paragraphs isn't a review. I would also gladly eat up the "crap" that Suda does. Mainly because it is fun.