What Games Are You Looking Forward To In 2017?

I certainly became much more interested in Battlefront II when I learned there will be a SP campaign. Hopefully it’s a fully fleshed out campaign, in the spirit of the classic Dark Forces/Jedi Knight games.

Uh, what? Do you mean Super Mario Odyssey?

Typo!

@geewhiz any update on your time spent with Kingdoms and Castles? I see they are patching and adding new features. So thats good news!

I keep taking little shots at playing but there is no tutorial. In my younger years I would have just dived in and worked it all out but I think with so many other games I do not have the patience for it anymore. Plus having just moved to Florida, a new job, boxes to unpack just sucked up my time.

And than I started playing BC: Nightwar!

The UI does not really appear difficult to learn I am just being lazy I guess. : )

These days developers crowd source their tutorials, most common with indie games. Hit up YouTube and watch a tutorial or two for half an hour, then dive in.

I read that as “two and a half hours” and thought, “damn, that’s some tutorial”.

One thing I’m looking forward to later this year, but mostly next year, is finishing up some of my “Souls” games still in the queue:

• Bloodborne (80% done already?)
  • Dark Souls 3 (10% done already? I got to the giant tree)
  • The Surge

Are there any others on the horizon after that?

Code Vein is anime Souls. Nioh on PC if you want.

OK, the more that I’ve seen about some games - the more I think I want them. 2017 is finishing stronger than I anticipated.

Already purchased - new Wolfenstein, The Golf Club 2, Bottom of the 9th, Through the Ages, Cuphead. I’ve played all of these already (except Wolfenstein) and they are all good purchases.

Want - Opus Magnum, Battle Chasers, Hob, Kingdom’s and Castles, Battlestar Galactica Deadlock, Tooth and Tail, Tales From Candlekeep, Divinity Original Sin 2. Not to mention older games that I still want.

Dominions 5 may be the one to finally pull me in.

I just found this little gem coming November 22: Hidden Agenda. Don’t know how I missed it. I loved Until Dawn so I have high expectations for this one! Love the co-op aspect of it.

(Other than that for what’s left of the year: Assassins Creed Origins (just 4 days to go!!), Call Of Duty WWII, L.A. Noir (remaster). Also curious about Black Mirror.

Wait…what? Are the portals the best part of the game? WHAT COMES AFTER? WHAT DID I MISS?
No seriously. I love Diablo III but I stopped playing it after the campaign as well…

Hidden_Agenda_1988_screenshot

?

@Left_Empty
Weeell, not really:

=)

If you have Reaper of Souls you should jump in after season 12 starts (around November 9). Play in adventure mode, and follow the season journey. Get some idea what the game is really about. :)

If only we could get a sequel to that… maybe with slightly better cutscenes.

I have, so I’ll try that. Thanks! =)

We should probably give this thread the last rites given that pretty much everything this year is released. Anyone looking forward to anything that might pop up between now and the end of the year? I suspect I am done apart from picking up some stragglers that are already out like Opus Magnum and DOS II.

The only thing I can think of is Dom 5 - assuming it still comes out this year which seems unlikely.

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 is sneaking in at the beginning of December. Is there anything else big coming out that month?