What Games Are You Looking Forward To In 2017?

Haha. Very insightful choice!

Let’s see… sort of? I finished it once - ie, i beat Diablo the boss at the end. I’ve never in my life played any Diablo game through to the next difficulty level and beaten Diablo again (the “real game” or Nightmare? difficulty in Diablo 2).

This is much further than i’ve ever gotten in Torchlight!

Wow, test… inconclusive!

I finished the “story” myself. It’s one of the games I should have probably given up on. I find the gameplay pretty boring and don’t really get excited about the loot. It is probably the single game that baffles me the most about why it is so popular. Well, that and clicker games.

Wait, let me be sure I got this straight - there are people that beat the Diablo 3 campaign once, and then just moved on?

Perhaps we’re the Rikers clones rob and Zoid’s the mirror universe monster…

But yea, once D3 added the ability to play on Hard or Harder (or whatever they’re called) difficulties… why play again?

But no wait, for reals - you played through the campaign once and then you … stopped?

IMG_0570

LOL. Oh man, this exchange is so good.

For the record, I agree with divedivedive’s reaction.

Me too. That’s like ordering a pizza and then… like, not eating it.

You don’t even know what Diablo 3 is really like until the 4th or 5th play thru.

When i get home let me show you the 60+ unopened loot boxes i have in Overwatch!

That’s more understandable though. The lootboxes only have cosmetic things. Who cares about those? We’re not whales here at Qt3.

And I’ve never even played Overwatch so you got me beat there.

Speak for yourself. I’m a fatass.

I didn’t think i’d get into Overwatch… but it had been years since playing TF2. It’s fun! I only got into it a year+ after release though.

No. It’s like ordering a pizza and eating only the outer crust.

Well my running times yesterday were more akin to slug than man, so maybe we are more Cetacean than we think…

No, it’s like ordering a pizza with frog’s legs and peppermint patties on it, tasting it and then deciding it’s not worth eating :-)

There’s more to Diablo 3 than the campaign? You mean like those portal things? Whatever. Finished the campaign uninstalled it.

Getting through the tutorial (campaign) unlocks the real game.

Well, they had to do something given how uninteresting that “tutorial” was at launch

Super Mario Odyssey and Xenoblade Chronicles 2 are the top of my list for the remainder of 2017. I really enjoyed Star Wars Battlefront so I’m interested in the sequel.

The interesting thing with my kids is that now that they have Destiny 2, I’m not sure what else they might want for Christmas? They all need new headsets so that’s a sure thing, but gamewise, there really isn’t much that is coming that they want to jump on that I’m aware of. Star Wars Battlefront II has one intrigued. Maybe that will be it? Nobody will complain if Uncharted: The Lost Legacy is under the tree either. Still, this is a rather weak holiday from what I can tell so far… Call of Duty might catch on. Infinite Warfare was a bust for them (…but not for me. I loved it.). Fire Emblem Warriors might jump up there once it’s out. Someone might get excited for Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon Pokémon games? I guess we’ll see?