What Games Are You Looking Forward To In 2018?

Let’s see. Tentative list:

Will get:
Dragon Ball FighterZ (Switch) September 28 $60
Valkyria Chronicles 4 September 25 $60

Might Get (cheapish and short)
Okami HD (Switch) August 9 $20
Spyro Reignited Trilogy November 13 $40

Will (maybe) wait for price drop or not get (can’t justify at full price):
Red Dead Redemption II October 26 $60
Persona 3: Dancing in Moonlight December 4 $60
Persona 5: Dancing in Starlight December 4 $60

What I want to get this year yet:

• Soul Calibur VI
  • Tales of Vesperia PC

Some maybes:

• Yakuza Kiwami PC (if it comes out in 2018)
  • Disgaea 5 PC (if it comes out in 2018 yet)
  • Deep Sky Derelicts (if it comes out this year)
  • Valkyria Chronicles 4 (not sure when I’ll buy it)
  • Dragon Quest XI (not sure when or if I’ll buy it)
  • Darksiders III (not sure how good it will be, too expensive now)
  • Pathfinder: Kingmaker (might leave for later)
  • Frozen Synapse 2
  • Anno 1800 (not sure when I’ll buy it, but that will happen eventually)

Apart from any surprise releases, that’s it, I guess.

Definitely getting Aggressors:Ancient Rome. Other than that it depends on sales and my wish list.

I’ll be looking for a sale on:

Dad of War - $15-20
Uncharted 4 - $10 or under
Dead Cells - $10 or under

New Games this fall I might get:

Forza Horizon 4
Red Dead Redemption 2

Doubtful without a sale, but you never know, sometimes sales come early like they did for Wolf2 last year:

Battlefield V
Just Cause 4
Shadow of the Tomb Raider
Fallout 76
Spider-Man

I believe this is on sale for $10 right now on PSN.

I only intend to get Spinderman and Red Dead 2. Sell Red Dead 2 after finishing and wait for PC version and second playthrough.

But other games of interest - Call of Cthulhu, Walking Dead Final Season, Life is Strange 2…but these I will get next year.

Basically, I’ll only get Forza Horizon 4, Battlefield V and Red Dead Redemption 2 of the big ones.

I feel so out of touch with gaming these days. I have such a huge backlog and I’ve barely gamed or even purchased many titles the last couple of years. And this year I promised myself to remedy it by attacking the backlog and buying new games.

I managed to finish ONE game this year (A Wolf Among Us), even though I started about a dozen.

I did manage to buy more games this year than I have in a long while, but the majority were older games: 10 3DS, 2 DS, 10 Vita, 3 XB360, 15 XBone and a few older PC games. And I got a New 3DS because Amazon had the SNES version on sale last month but I do most of my gaming on the subway to and from work and before bedtime. But I am thinking of picking up a PS4 or Switch but I feel like I will never play it.

I feel like I will never catch up. The most current game I’ve actually played is Final Fantasy XV which is nearly 2 years old. I installed Fallout 4 two years ago and still haven’t touched it. I still have GTA 5, AC Unity, Forza 6 and a bunch of others in the shrink wrap.

How do you guys find the time to play so many games??? It baffles me.

Anyway, looking forward to Red Dead 2 and Valkykria Chronicles 4. I want to say Shadow Of The Tomb Raider but I never even finished the first.

Oh, and Divine Divinity 2 on the Xbone, but I still only put about 10 hours into the first game.

Remember to save a lot of your gaming budget for Spring 2019 folks.

Just as a reminder:

January
Resident Evil 2 Remake
Kingdom Hearts 3

February
Anno 1800
Anthem
Days Gone
Crackdown
Metro Exodus
Trials Rising
DiRT Rally 2.0
Possibly Code Vein

March
The Division 2
Devil May Cry 5

No kids is the answer here :/

I don’t know how many upcoming games I’ll pick up. The wishlist is something like:

Skyrim VR
Battlefield V maybe
AC Odyssey
Just Cause 4
2019…
Metro Exodus
Division 2 or Anthem…?
Rage 2
Dying Light 2

I doubt I’ll pick all of those up. Almost every one is an entry in a series I’ve already played plenty of. Nice titles for a less jaded gamer though. It bewilders me there are young uns for whom these will be their intro to gaming. What will they be playing when they’re middle aged like me :)

I’m mostly gaming when I should be sleeping, if I were to be completely honest. Robbing Peter to pay Paul, I guess. I don’t know if there are any releases left in 2018 that I’m looking forward to? Maybe I’ll be surprised.

LOL!5

Guess we need a 2019 thread soon! February 2019 is ridiculous.

The remainder of this year for me is:
Strange Brigade
Hitman 2
Battlefield 5

These I will probably wait for sales on:
AC Odyssey
Life is Strange 2
Just Cause 4
Warhammer 40,000: Mechanicus
Darksiders 3

I have a 4 years of games to catch up on, so I’m still working through 2014, but I still couldn’t resist pre-ordering Spider-man and Red Dead Redemption.

I probably won’t be able to resist Divinity Original Sin 2 on console or Fallout 76 either (would have bought the latter for sure if I could have gotten the helmet edition), but too much backlog for now.

Getting…

Two Point Hospital next week (already gotten, actually)
Spider-Man
AC: Odyssey

Everything else can wait. Can I hold out long enough for RDR2 PC? Probably :)

Two-Point, Soul Calibur 6, Space Hulk Tactics, Hitman 2, and Darksiders III are all “wait for reviews/word of mouth” but the rest are day one. I need to pre-order Spidey here pretty quick, looks like.

I think of all those on my list, Read Dead 2 is the thing I’m the most excited for.

Yiiiikes I didn’t realize my 4 wants were so close together. Couple of them might have to wait.

Yeah, Calvin and I are going halfsies on Spider-man since I’ll be ankle deep in Dragon Quest and then he can play it first. Plus with Tomb Raider and Odyssey coming out not too far apart, I’m not sure when I’ll have time for Spider-man.

The new release date for Underworld Ascendant on November 15th is pretty rough. With the original September release date I could at least toy around with the idea of buying UA at launch, given it’s the second most interesting thing releasing the rest of the year. But now it’s releasing two days after Hitman 2, and there’s no way I’m playing anything else for about a month.

(But it’s pretty brave to release a immersive sim RPG two days after the most immersive of sims, and a day after a Bethesda RPG. Maybe they’re hoping to capitalize on the likely Fallout 76 backlash).

Soul Calibur VI looked fantastic at Evo. I think that’s a safe bet.