What Games Are You Looking Forward To In 2023?

What’s on everyone’s list for next year? :)

In the Valley of Gods (Come on Valve!)
Hogwarts Legacy
Alan Wake 2
RoboCop Rogue City
Frostpunk 2
Warhammer 40K Space Marine 2
The Wolf Among Us 2
Starfield
DeadSpace

Stalker 2 after it gets delayed again.

Starfield?
Hopefully Baldurs Gate 3?
hmm…

Microsoft Starcraft Teams 3

Been in development for about 6 years and has an actual announced launch date. So I’m going to say, with possibly a bit of wishful thinking, bite your tongue sir.

I thought that was canceled! Would love to play that.

But yeah, probably my choice off the top of my head.

Starsector.

Persona 6 could conceivably be a 2023 thing, though 2024 is more likely. Trails into Reverie. I did the Kickstarter for the game from the Suikoden team, I think that’s 2023. Most of my favorite games will be random indie releases that aren’t anywhere near anyone’s radar at this point.

AH HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

202 3?
Half Life 3!!

Pragmata is a 2023 game I’m interested in.

Travel to a dystopian near-future and explore a unique lunar world

Path of Exile 2.

Nothing yet really. I guess I hope the next gen is in full swing and we see some use of techs like that Matrix demo. Plus whatever Actiblizz developers produce when let loose with big suitcases of money :) Plus something in the VR space pushed by PSVR2 etc.

It must not even be a full game for me, humble person that I am. But if there was a sign of life from Longbow/Toronto and they’d finally finished their Isle of Giants dlc for Hegemony 3, then that would really make 2022/23 worthwhile, gaming-wise that is (it seems improbable, though).

Other than that there’s not really anything I’m looking forward to as I’m keenly aware of the couple of games in my library that I bought in 2021 but haven’t played all that much yet (oh those backlog woes). These will likely eat my time in 2022 and fast forward into 2023 already.

Nothing has been announced yet, but Brad has hinted a couple of times on their forums that there might be something in the works with Sins of a Solar Empire. So if that does come to pass, that would be the game I would most be looking forward to.

I think they implied in their recent announcement that it will come out in 2023, right? Or did they just confirm that it won’t be out in 2022?

Apparently they only confirmed that it won’t release this year. So its still a very real possibility it slips to 2024? No clue since I stopped following their communication when it became clear this would be a long haul EA, at which point my expectations nosedived…

They said this, specifically:

That date will come when we’re even closer to meeting our goal, but right now our expectation is that Baldur’s Gate 3 will release out of Early Access in 2023.

That’s from their Larian Studios Gazette.

Well… time to move these over.

Starfield
DeadSpace
Homeworld 3

Also thinking Company of Heroes 3 will get pushed to next year too.

Adding:

The Invincible
Flintlock
Abyssals
Laysara: Summit Kingdom

This made me laugh when reading it today.