What have you played in the weekend?

Just sticking my head in during this crazy summer because I actually took a few days off being summery and played a lot!
First off, thanks to @CraigM and @rhamorim talking about Mankind Divided: Deus Ex in the Frame Game thread, I picked that up from the PS Plus library and finished it. THANKS for reminding me of this gem, I absolutely loved it. I went stealthy mode and just loved finding all the different passageways and approaches to use instead of going full on killer. Plus it was beautiful and never ever boring to play.

Also played a lot (like, a LOT) of Mad Max, which at first glance didn’t seem like a game for me, and then suddenly I had played for 10 hours. Although now it´s becoming a bit tedious what with all the repetetive freeing of camps, but all in all, an enjoyable game =)

I seek to have started Titans Quest again. Not that I am complaining, it’s just my default game when I can’t be bothered to try something new.

Lord help me, I’ve re-subbed to WoW. So much has changed in the 8-10 years I’ve played it, but I love the improvements so far. I had to restart a level 1 character just to learn the skill changes, but all of the zones are surprisingly familiar with just a few tweaks. I also like the battlepets game… sorry if that’s gauche.

I finished it last week, and while I have definite criticisms, the level design is top notch. Pallisades Property Bank may be one of the most interesting and enjoyable areas in a video game I’ve ever experienced.

And, yeah, I beat the game with zero kills, except the one.

Is it not possible to go fully no-kill in the game? I loved the first game, but I was a little bummed you had no choice but to kill bosses.

The final boss is inevitable.

It is also doable without combat.

But as far as I know he will end up dead no matter what, but it makes more sense in a story context.

I’m taking a vacation next week, so nothing for the blog, but for me, I hope to get some time in with:

Since it’s coming out next month. I’ve also discovered this FASCINATING little gem:

That is fun, brutal and varied. It’s skill tree is ridiculously great, as is its violence and dialogue. I’m really enjoying it.

I also hope to get some time with:

But not in survival mode because I wanna play it in “it’s a fucking game” mode. ;)

Oh, and also some of this because it’s quick and hilarious:

Should be a good weekend! :)

Going to Ohio on Sat/Sun/Mon for the IndyCar race at Mid-Ohio so my gaming will be limited. I do hope to play a little Enter the Gungeon on the road with the Switch. Fortinte tonight before I leave is likely, too.

NMS
ESO
POE

No that’s not a vision test from your eye doctor.

No Man’s Sky NEXT for me. Maybe a bit of Enter the Gungeon and Mary Skelter: Nightmares if I find the time.

I love Mad Max too but the game itself is so BIG. I’ve cleared about two of the big areas now and it just feels like a mountain of content ahead of me still, mostly repetitive. I might buckle down and try to just finish the main quest someday but have a lot on my plate before that.

I might need to check this one out also (Deus Ex.) Will either go all stealth or try to kill every last one of them, if possible. My wife’s away until Tuesday so I’ll have extra time when I’m not spending time w/ the girls.

Xenonauts because my second base was invaded by bleeping Reapers who made mincemeat of my newbie defense force and vengeance must be had!

Man, this is so much where I am at. I got some games I’m really excited about during the summer sale, but I just don’t have the time right now to learn new game mechanics. So I go with the tried and true.

Still all Nioh in every spare moment.

If not for No Man’s Sky, that’s what I would be playing. Such a great game.

You actually don’t have to kill him, you can just neutralise him and they send him off to jail (I think). Although at the end, I didn’t have the nerve to do that fight, plus I was a little short of time (wanting to save everyone), so I just used the killswitch. Only character I killed in the game.

Definitely. I don’t mind big maps but I do when it gets repetitive. It would have been enough with two strongholds instead of four (or 3 and a half or whatever). I think I´ll just finish upgrading the strongholds and go for the main quests and wasteland missions and give up on being a completionist for this one =)

deus-ex-mankind-divided-review-01

Returning to this after an almost 2 year hiatus.

Really digging No Man’s Sky. Don’t know how much time I’ll have to play today and tomorrow, but it will probably mostly be that. I’m still very much learning the ropes as they say (I haven’t got a warp drive yet).

I am playing Far Cry 2. I thought I would start with an older Far Cry game in case I enjoyed it because going forward is always easier than going backward. Anyway, a few observations.

Driving a vehicle is harder in this game than driving the Mako in Mass Effect 1.
It seems the game is played mostly in dark and shadows. I am not a fan of that.
Is there a way to check the clock without using a bed?
Malaria, yea, nice touch.
Also, I am getting some glitches during conversations. NPC’s jump around and repeat the same lines.