What have you played in the weekend?

… what?

Japan’s low youth crime rates are directly attributable to Monster Hunter’s success, is what I’m saying.

Because it promotes eating cheese fondue? oO

Well Japan does still have a few notorious roaming “fondue nasty” gangs in areas like Shibuya. But they won’t be recruiting any Monster Hunter players, because they will have their nose stuffed in a handheld (and possible parent-installed blinders) learning the wonders of perserverence, grit, determination, hard work and fungus identification.

I don’t agree with your view of the game. This reminds me of how Dark Souls was treated as being overly difficult: I haven’t fell even once in Monster Hunter yet, and I’m a pretty damn lousy action game player, especially when it comes to 3D games. But both games reward observation and, on the contrary, not persevering but knowing when to fall back. It’s a very relaxing experience with a few minutes of real intensity every now and then.
Edi: well at least that’s how I enjoy it, but now reading again, I wonder if maybe I am playing it wrong compared to most people!

Yes, it’s very methodical, as in time-consuming. Researching a monster, choosing a weapon, deciding which armor to craft/chase, actually doing that, rinse and repeat. And then there’s the part where you get utterly noob filter’d by that bastard Nargacuga and the PSP hitboxes. Or I did. I wasn’t really talking about dying specifically, anyway.

I confess to not doing any of that planning. It will probably come bite me in the back at some point, most likely online, but then the game will probably lose me.
I have been experimenting with three weapons, two with which I feel now very comfortable, the true revelation having been to try adept (or should it be called “Dark Souls”) style.
Nargacuga went down. They all will go down, mewhahaha!
The game had lost me early on the PSP, but in my case it was because I had not been taught to be patient by — again —Dark Souls; and those controls, eew. I also wasn’t using items, while now I spend a lot of my time setting up ambushes or throwing random junk at the monster. The monkey in me loves to throw junk.
But you are right: my play style is very slow and time-consuming. On the first try of a given monster, I usually use over 40 of the 50 allocated minutes. But that time flies because I am so… immersed!

I only endorse playing PSP games emulated or (preferably) on a Vita at this point. I think it would be rather unethical to inflict the carpal tunnel Freedom Unite clawhand on anyone, worst this side of Metroid Prime: Hunters.
Of course, when I’m king of the world, every game will be designed around the ergonomically perfect Armored Core reverse claw-grip.

It was No Man’s Sky VR all weekend for me. Though half that time was probably spent trying to get it to run well on the Rift, with no success. Still, loving it.

No Man’s Sky for me, no doubt. Beyond is amazing.

Every day we stray further from God’s light.

Next time I have a Playstation controller in hand, I’m going to try that and see what people say.

I played a little No Man’s Sky and a little Subnautica (until I got so terrified I had to immediately shut it down), and the rest of the weekend I’ve spent creeping around in bushes and shooting nazis in the head in Sniper 4. So much fun.

Rebel Galaxy Outlaw ate my weekend!

Mine too, to the extent that I wasn’t doing outside things or chores around the house.

Auto Mechanic Simulator 2019 and Golf With Family took up a good part of it.

Do you mean: Car Mechanic Simulator 2018? Or did I miss a release?

It’s the live-action version I play in my garage sometimes.

Gotcha, sometimes I’m particularlly dense.

No worries. The computer version is both cheaper and less frustrating, most of the time. :P

Indeed. The game could use a “dropping a bolt and it rolling under a workbench” DLC.

Oh, the hidden object game?

I’m familiar. Always have the most difficulty with washers. Especially small ones.