What have you played in the weekend?

Just started playing Grim Dawn. Seems pretty impressive. Also Intergalactic Fishing.

Will be a busy weekend. For Space Game Junkie, I plan to record videos of:

And I’ll be streaming:

And for myself, more:

Plus trying this for the first time:

Should be a great weekend!

Starsector and Star Traders Frontier. Almost Forgot! Mars Horizon beta.

Excellent choices!

I like Gears of War, I like XCOM, and I definitely like this:

I recently finished the first remaster, so it’s natural to continue with this nostalgic trip:

Besides that, I still have my weekend MP grinds:

Sidenote: most of my social interaction these days is through those two games and I appreciate that very much.

Thanks to Brian being on my friends list and seeing him playing this, I am having a lot of fun in Intergalactic Fishing!

Also running a new game in Dominions 5 and continuing to learn more in X4: Foundations.

Oh yay! It’s so good! I streamed it last week and just fell in love.

I’ve been playing Portia all weekend, and really enjoying it. It’s got a great discovery aspect, and it’s nice and mellow experience where I haven’t seen much in the way of fail states yet, but there’s definitely room to plan and try to min/max time usage.

Yup, I loved it. Played it somewhat obsessively last summer for what Steam tells me was like 140 hours! For me, at least, it strikes exactly the right rhythm for that type of game. I unfortunately bounced right off Stardew Valley, by comparison, and I’m at a total loss as to explain why.

Resogun on PS4. A game by Housemarque from a time when different game modes were sold as DLC. However the base game is a pretty great variation on the arcade classic Defender.

I didn’t have any specific plans, but ended up playing two races in an old F1 2011 career—one at Catalunya, as I was getting used to the car again, and one at Monaco, which I won because I turned down the difficulty after getting crushed at Catalunya.

My Monaco drive will go down as one of my best sim-racing drives ever. I started 18th, because qualifying was rainy, and I probably should have gone out on full wets instead of intermediates, made some good overtaking maneuvers on much slower cars into the chicane after the tunnel, and ended up in first after the pit shuffles. I usually prefer 75%-length races so that there’s a bigger difference between the prime and option tire, but 39 laps around Monaco without putting the car into a wall is about the most I’m good for.

Legion’s Crawl. Nice Roguelike on sale on Steam for $1.24

Probably most similar to Dredmor, but without the silliness- still pretty good.

I found a neat little early access game selling for a little more than a “buck oh five” in the immortal words of Team America: World Police. I don’t even know what genre category to put it under. Maybe driving game crossed with 80’s influenced synthwave tunes visualizer?

EDIT: Never mind about the “found” part, heh. It was the Deal of the Day yesterday. :-)
Behold Retrowave:

Anyone else having trouble keeping up with so many threads on Qt3 lately? I check the games forum after a few hours, and there’s too many threads to check so I keep missing some. It’s as if every single one of us ran off and is playing a different game.

So in the spirit of solidarity, I’m going to try to put DiRT Rally 2.0 and Grim Dawn on hold for a bit this weekend and go back to Doom Eternal this weekend, since that’s the latest big release I own, and a game that more than one Qt3 denizen is actually playing right now.

Will be putting some time in Old World, Dominions 5 and Intergalactic Fishing!

I saved my home fishing lake, but still have a few more things I want to do in the game before I move on. Maybe try a few more fishing tournaments, get a stronger fishing rod and try to catch the special named fish, and explore a few more lakes. I find myself chasing achievements in this game much more than I normally do!

Mostly X4: Foundations, I suppose, but I might play other things like Monster Hunter World: Iceborne, SnowRunner, Grim Dawn, and others.

Old World, Out of the Park Baseball 21 and I’ve been playing a bit of Ancient Enemy in the evenings while watching tv, so I suspect that will continue.

Wonderful 101 Remastered (WiiU) (Switch)

It’s back! Even though I’ve probably put 101 hours into the game over the last 7 years, I never quite finished W101 on my WiiU. I would play it in spurts. When I was into it I would go at it until my eyes bled, then I’d drop it like a hot rock for a year. Then I’d repeat that cycle. This went on year after year until I got a Switch and stopped booting up my WiiU more than once a year or so. But now W101 is back and I can start over (for the 101st time), and this time I’m promising myself I’ll finish the bloody thing. And I never break my promises.

CL2wQZ_WEAA9i60
Age of Wonders: Planetfall (Xbox One)

Send help.

I’m hesitating whether to get Void Bastards on the Switch. Seems the uncapped fluctuating framerate is a bit uncomfortable.

I’m going to spend some time with WORLD OF HORROR anyway, a gift from the delicious @marquac a while ago, and the author finally uploaded the Macintosh version to Steam yesterday!

I didn’t enjoy Void Bastards on my Xbox for frame rate reasons. No idea how it runs on the Switch of all things. I’ve been meaning to try it again on my PC because I’ve heard good things about it, but it’s gonna have to wait until I clear my backlog sometime in 2030.