What have you played in the weekend?

I’m going to continue my game of Supraland that @krayzkrok kindly gifted to me last week. Last weekend I was completely enraptured by it, and didn’t play anything else. It can be a tad bit frustrating when I can’t find out how to get somewhere. I always have the thought, is it because I can’t make that jump or is because I need an ability that I haven’t acquired yet.

Anyway, I can’t even explain why I like the game so much. It’s not as if it has a compelling narrative or some really great gameplay or something. It just exudes charm and activates my need to collect things in a way I find very satisfying.

I played the demo and it was quite good. I’ll have to play it now that I got it from Humble Choice.

So far, Yakuza Kiwami 2. Finished the story. Solid game, but my favorite in the series is still Yakuza 0.

I have to free HD space before Death Stranding arrives (80 GB!!!), so I’ll be playing some installed games here to figure out what I’ll uninstall before July 14th, instead of the games I’ve been playing the most lately. We’ll see.

Having a great time with Sid Meier’s Starships.

Somewhere on the West Coast, a Brian sheds a tear…

Hey people like what they like, no matter how weird they are.

Taking a brief break from Shadow Empire to play Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes. This is actually pretty damn good.

I liked Supraland a lot. The first DLC for the game was released yesterday, and I’m pretty tempted:

One Deck Dungeon (Board Game)

Okay, I figured out another game I’m playing this weekend in addition to Ghost Stories.

I originally bought this game a couple years ago in order to play it co-op with my wife while on vacation. I haven’t played it since, but I managed to find its tiny little box hidden away and set it up to play. I had to go through the manual again to figure out how to play, but play I have.

Dude, I passed weird by decades ago. It’s not even on my radar anymore. I’m working on bull goose loony now.

Played Stellaris over the weekend, guiding my empire of xenophobic fundamentalists into a new era of acceptance and equality.

Planetfall
Monster Train
Iratus

You do realize its monday, right? :-D

Maybe he’s talking about what he played?

Me, it was mostly Yakuza Kiwami 2, Assassin’s Creed Odyssey, and Gemcraft: Frostborn Wrath.

Next weekend? Well, Death Stranding won’t be available yet, so I don’t know. We’ll see.

Played, playing, will play.

:D

I’ve never really understood why this thread isn’t just titled “What are you playing?” Some folks work weekends, some folks have time to game during the week, why tie it to a specific set of days? Set the gaming free, I say! :)

Aye, thats a fair point - I’ll see if I can change it, since I am the founder of this particular feast, so to speak.
Edit - done!

Editedit: I really enjoy reading what people play - Its one of those…reverse kind of things, where - if I read about a particular game in its own thread, someone may be down on it, and that sours me a bit sometimes on a game, but in this thread, its all about what people enjoy playing, which is nice and uplifting, and gives me great ideas!

tenor

And to actually answer the question: some more Railway Empire, which I’m really enjoying after picking it up from the latest Humble Choice. It’s been a long time since Railroad Tycoon but it tickles the same part of my brain - the joy of working out effective logistics and also that simple “trains are cool” instinct left over from being a kid.

I may dabble a bit with American Truck Simulator and see if it suits my mood, so that I have the option to grab some DLC while the Steam sale is still on.

And hopefully some Remnant with a friend later in the week, to see if it’s too hard for us or not. What little I’ve played looks seriously cool, but I’m worried about the boss fights.

I didn’t think our thread titles could get any shittier.

:-(

ouch.