What have you played in the weekend?

While I’ve been enjoying it, Agents of Mayhem is backburnered due to my need for the first real patch to deal with this bizarre audio bug that has been pissing me off. In the meantime, I’m leaning toward Afghanistan '11 since I don’t want to commit to anything lengthy on account of imminent travel plans.

And I forgot that Rise of Industry is getting an update shortly, so I’ll be dabbling with that as well.

The Fell Seal demo was really sweet. It was unirritating, unglitchy: it makes one optimistic about its future development!

I was also surprised by the Undervault demo. Very simple but much more engaging that the page led me to think.

Anyways, I’ll be playing Twilight Struggle and that’s about it, I guess, this week-end.

I’m going to finish Pillars of Eternity. I’ve given up on Hard difficulty in White March Part 2, because the fights appear impossible without a lot more min-max and cheesing than I’m prepared to engage in. So I am going to drop the difficulty to normal, try this stupid Abbey again, do the final bit of the quest, and then descend on the final part of the main campaign.

You should at least play until you get to New Vegas, so you hear Bruce Campbell say “Viva New Vegas Baby”.

I’ve actually decided to keep playing through the entirety of the campaign. Do you recall which “side” you have to join in order to get to New Vegas?

I didn’t even remember the game had sides to join. It’s been a while.

Wait, we’re talking New Vegas? Lots of sides but I don’t think you even choose which to support until well after you get to Vegas.

I’m just saying I just had to choose sides in the game, so I’m hoping either branch gets to New Vegas.

We’re talking Tachyon: The Fringe.

Your character is voiced by Bruce Campbell, and one of the space ports in the game is called New Vegas. It is a space station that’s completely covered in bright lights. Tachyon came out a decade before Fallout: New Vegas, which is what you’re thinking of, I think.

Also easy to get confused by New Vegas talk. ;)

As for the weekend, I hope to have a decent amount of time for gaming this weekend. For the blog, I’ll be doing a series on:

Plus streaming a bunch of this on Sunday morning (it’s free, you should join me!) ;)

For myself, a whole bunch more time with:

And this, because it just came out and I am DYING to play it:

Should be a good weekend!

Huh, so there’s another game with a New Vegas in it? Never heard of Tachyon.

Ooh, never heard of Deadhold, but it looks Myth-ily appealing. Looking forward to impressions.

As for me, I’ll probably try to knock out NG++ in StarCrawlers.

What is this Stars! thing?

It’s a pretty great space sim, sadly the only one Novalogic ever made.

That’s why I’m getting it. Love/miss Myth so much.

It’s a classic 4X from the nineties, renowned for its depth, lauded for its great PBEM capabilities, but criticized for its lackluster AI.

Wow, never heard of it. Looking forward to your blog series!

Here’s a taste.

Totally looks like Myth/Myth II as you say. Has it been 20 years since Myth? Aaargh, how am I so old.

Agents of Mayhem and Guild Wars 2, most likely. We’ll see.

An unrelated question:
Brian, what does Quantar Paddashi Veloxi mean?
Googling this gives me like a bazillion hits for QT3.

That’s my faction, favorite rank and user name in Jumpgate.