What have you played in the weekend?

Oh it’s not the same at all, so it’s not just you. I appreciated it for the attempt to recapture that FG magic, but nothing really has.

I’m glad to hear that. I really want to love legacy, but something wasn’t clicking for me. I liked it though.

Oh yeah, it wasn’t baaaad at all. It just wasn’t Fantasy General.

Fanstasy General is still my favorite game sountrack: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlH5iOWh1HI&t=467s

Nice! I don’t think I ever played with the music on :(. I did replay part of Fantasy General a year or two ago and was waiting for a classic game club entry to play more.

OMG mine too! That and Emperor of the Fading Suns are tops for me.

My weekend has so far been almost entirely consumed by a Battletech mercenary campaign run through MekHQ and MegaMek. I wish there was a little more tweakage possible—I’m not a very good BattleTech player, and the default settings are a little rough in terms of the size and weight of enemy forces.

I’m sure Warframe will sneak back in, too, given time.

Dorothy.

Finally got around to playing something.
Resident Evil 7: Beginning Hour Teaser.

Never played a Resident Evil game before, but holy cow, this is good shit!
Got the ‘bad’ ending.
Now going back in for the ‘proper’ ending.
I am now considering buying the full game.

The girlfriend is watching me play, and also loves it (she was on the edge of the sofa, egging me on the entire time), and she doesn’t even like games. She does love horror films however, which could explain her intense interest.

Avoiding food poisoning in Seattle

That sounds wise. Assuming you were at PAX?

Caves of Qud. I’m terrible at the game but could not stop playing.

How bout that cybernetics update? I don’t really ever play true kin so I’m out of my depth, but I’m reading up on it to try out those sweet, sweet body augs

That’s actually how I’ve finally gotten a character past level 5. I finally made a hard hitting basher type and I’m now auging him up. The interface for cybernetics is a little flaky, but it could also be because I mainly play on my MacBook. This is the only time I actually miss having a keypad and might invest in one. Between this, Rimworld, and TOME, I feel like I’m in indie game heaven these days.

Caves of Qud isn’t going to win any graphics awards, but the writing, lore, and world building are truly staggering and unique.

After spending so much time on Etrian Odyssey 4 last week in part due to his recommandation, I intend to spend all my non Twilight Struggle gaming time this week-end on Picross 3D 2, because of @Profanicus.
Maybe a bit of Caveblazers, but I am so good at this game I will clear it before long.

solar settles and D&D lords of waterdeep

Ashes of the Singularity: Escalation for me. I’m trying to pass the time until Tooth and Tail comes out next week without committing to something lengthy, and I never clocked as much time with Ashes as I meant to, so it works out perfectly. I did have to replay half the original campaign to get the achievements in Escalation, but they were laughably easy the second time around.

I’ll try to finish my Hardcore Barbarian Diablo 3 playthrough. And make progress in the Titanfall 2 campaign. I expect to have access to Destiny 2 by next weekend, so this is my chance to polish off my current playlist before the new album arrives.

Guild Wars 2, XCOM 2: War of the Chosen, and possibly a bit of Agents of Mayhem if all goes well. Also, if I manage the proper time to do so, a bit of Blood Bowl 2 Legendary Edition.

A room escape (Crisis Rooms in Frankfort, I’ll) probably some board games (Captain Sonar and Hogwarts Battle Monster Box of Monsters) and then packing