What is your current favorite Roguelike? [Or all things roguelike]

Thanks for the minireview. I love the look of the game, so I think I’ll give it a try.

Yeah, it looks pretty neat. Definitely keep us posted if it turns out to keep its appeal long term

Well, Caves of Qud is up on Steam now (early access). Don’t know much about the game, but it looks real purdy.

screen

I need to have that. Eventually. My budget is shot.

What’s the roadmap to completion like on this one? Do I need another unfinished rogue-like? Yes, that will most likely be a rhetorical question…

Not sure how long it’s going to stay in early access. I’ve no idea how much they need to work on the main plot. Sounds like there’s a big chunk of game here already, though.

Approximately how long will this game be in Early Access?
“We don’t have a strict timeline. At the very least, Caves of Qud will remain in Early Access until you can complete the main plot. In the mean time, we’ll be adding all sorts of items, monsters, NPCs, quests, new regions, new systems, tweaks to old systems, and more sentient plants.”

What is the current state of the Early Access version?
“Caves of Qud already has a tremendous amount of game, amounting to 50-100 hours of play. There are:

Over 70 mutations and 24 player castes and kits
Hundreds of monsters
Dozens of overland regions with unique ecosystems
Scores of conversable hand-crafted NPCs and infinite procedural ones
Rich and varied sidequests
Hundreds of items and a tinkering system to craft them
Themed dungeons—ruined sectors of a fossilized arcology
Diseases, storied artifacts, history books, the poetic ramblings of a mad goatman, cryogenic chambers, and cybernetic implants 

Most of the major systems are already in the game. The big missing piece is the resolution of the main plot, and that’s our #1 development focus.

There’s been an existing free version for some time now. The devs went on to do Sproggiwood in the interests of actually getting paid, and I guess the feeling is they could now turn early access funds into an excuse to actually finish Qud.

ADOM R59 available as a public release

Read about it in the blog

Hey guys, I hope y’all don’t mind me pimping a tiny thing I’m making:

Woot! A new adom version! I haven’t checked the site for years. I wonder if my monster descriptions are still in the game?

I wholeheartedly approve of this development.

Yay, thank you! :)

REPORTED

I refuse to click until you come by and play board games :D

Looking forward to this one as I haven’t reconnected with rogue-likes in way too long!

Oooooo nice Brian.

Can’t wait for this! I think it’s launching real soon.

Dragon Fin Soup seamlessly blends genres to create a fresh experience: half story-driven tactical RPG and half high-stakes roguelike, with a pinch of crass humor and a heaping helping of murder & madness set in a procedurally generated fantasy world.

Meet Red Robin - a charming, yet raging alcoholic bounty hunter, who’d rather get into a bar fight than deliver baked goods. Players must take up Robin’s blades and set out across Asura, a lushly colorful fantasy world that sits on the back of an enormous space turtle, on a journey to discover the secrets of her bloody past.

Dragon Fin Soup contains the following:

• Superfluid turn-based tactical combat
  • Raging alcoholic bounty hunter heroine
  • New procedurally generated world each time you play
  • Mercenaries for hire and awesome pets to collect
  • Over 60+ hours of roguelike gameplay in Story, Survival & Labyrinth modes

screenshots

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwINcsDmqLU
Gameplay: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c82IDxjJxpQ

I Kickstarted that one! Can’t wait for it!

I missed this awesomeness. Very nice Mr. Rubin. How have I missed Super Dungeon Run?!

Thanks man! I’m way behind due to health and PC issues, but I hope to be back soon.