What to play after Witcher 3?

If you play it after Elex it’ll seem a lot more expensive :)

Oh yes. Those should awesome!

So it’s been a year, and this is what I’ve learned now:

After The Witcher 3, you wait a year… and then you play it again.

=D

@kristina lol OK, I’ll keep that in mind for next year then ;)

Out of interest, did you end up trying Horizon Zero Dawn?

You know, my thought is this decision is Kingdom Come: Deliverance v. ELEX. Open world story driven games. I haven’t played either but I am in the same boat as you in a way. I’d love to hear some comparisons especially quality-wise.

I am playing Elex now (35 hours in) and played first few hours of Kingdom Come. Both are great. Kingdom Come is more ambitious and complex with much higher production values, but Elex is still Piranha game, has that atmosphere of theirs and is fun to explore. Some of its quests are surprisingly open ended. Elex has less bugs right now. I recommend both, it’s not like there are too many open world RPGs of this type.

My vote is for Horizon Zero Dawn.

Drats you’ve played both! Us peasants have to pick one! Give us your unadulterated opinion on better game!

Well I will only be able to give qualified opinion on Kingdom Come after I play it longer and past the prologue (I absolutely loved the prologue). But you will probably be well served by waiting for a patch or two. I know @Desslock and @tomchick played it longer than me so they could chime in :)

Elex really is prototypical Piranha game. If you played Gothic 1/2/Risen, that’s what it is, just in different world that mixes scifi and fantasy (and works pretty well despite my expectations).

I started it but I just couldn’t muster another heartbreak and open world map, so I shelved it for a while. Think it will be the next game I start up after finishing The Last of Us and … something else, probably L.A. Noir or Wolvenstein: New Order. This year is all about (at least trying to) finish the games I have lying around instead of just uninstalling them in the middle of it because I get bored.

Cool, hope you enjoy it when you get to it!

FYI, for those fortunate to have an Xbox One X- http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-02-27-xbox-360-witcher-2-xbox-one-x-enhanced-patch

So in the last few weeks I tried Witcher 2 for the first time, but the differences between it & TW3 did not lead to a seamless transition and was occasionally frustrating. I’ll put it aside to try again in a few months, to put some distance between it & my experience & recollection of TW3.

I gave Mad Max a go instead, and finished it- thanks for that recommendation @robc04 :)

Also attempted Deus Ex: Human Revolution, but I found that upon returning to gaming in recent months after a 15 year absence, I now find FPS tedious & not entertaining. Unfortunately I also found Mass Effect too shooty to persevere with, too.

Having a blast with Infamous 2 atm- didn’t expect to enjoy it, but it’s some mindless fun :)

The more I read about the new God of War reboot coming next month, the more appealing it sounds to me… http://au.ign.com/articles/2018/03/19/god-of-wars-first-3-hours-are-more-emotional-than-we-expected

Glad you liked it!

I wound up playing Morrowind GOTY on my Mac via CrossOver. (The odd crash, but generally it worked well.) But I’ve grown tired of it, and now I’m looking again.

I finally finished Blood and Wine yesterday, after putting it aside for a long while. So I am facing the same choice as the OP, but so far I solved it by simply starting over with a new run. Love it just as much as the first time, although it is a bit annoying that every little drop kills me now (that wasn’t a problem at lvl 50…!)

There was combat overhaul mod from one of the devs wasn’t there? I might give that a try if I were to replay.

I’m guessing that mod won’t be available for PS4…?

Ah - I don’t know about such things.

Dumb question from me, but what do you mean by heartbreak? I found her story pretty uplifting and awesome once you got past, errr, ohhhh maybe that’s what you’re referring to?

Yup! That’s the one :) I kind of saw it coming and just couldn’t handle it at the time, but I’ll definitely play it very soon.