What We Do in the Shadows - Taika Waititi, vampires, FX, the series

0 Likes

Trailer’s funny. I worry it’s a bit of a repeated joke over episodes.

The “energy vampire” was amusing. I read some dopey vampire boards years ago where people claimed they were this kind of vampire. They could be in the high-school hallway and fix their gaze on someone and drain energy, and see the person physically react. Their take on this was amusing.

0 Likes

Without the Kiwi accents and the setting I think the whole thing will be a bit meh.

0 Likes

Loved the movie and this looks great. I especially like the choice of actor for the energy vampire. He’s in Better Call Saul, but I also know him from his involvement in the Found Footage Festival and associated antics.

0 Likes

No Rhys Darby no sale

0 Likes

I’m in, though hopefully it’s not just a redux of the movie.

0 Likes

I don’t know how many “swearwolves” jokes I can take

0 Likes

Agreed. I’ll definitely watch this but I’m also a bit worried about it.

0 Likes

I just watched the pilot of this and it was really funny. So many familiar faces. And what’s his name from the IT Crowd!

0 Likes

Needs more Matt Berry. I don’t know how much patience I’ll have with the rest of it. :(

His name is Mark Proksch. And he’s tremendous in a pretty clever horror movie called Another Evil.

If it’s Rhys Darby delivering them, the answer is all of them!

-Tom

0 Likes

Silly question: do I need to have watched the movie before the show? I can probably rent it or something (believe it’s no longer available for one of my streaming services), or I can just jump right into the show.

0 Likes

He’s also in Dream Corp LLC.

0 Likes

The movie is excellent so I’d highly recommend watching it first, even if it’s not technically necessary (I’m not sure either way).

0 Likes

For now I’m liking the tv series. I think limiting the stories to the 25 minute episodes is being better than the film, which had a few great jokes, but it also floundered in places.
Of course this may be repetitive after a few more episodes. We’ll see.

0 Likes