What We Do in the Shadows - Taika Waititi, vampires, FX, the series

This video is private.

Season 3!

Very good so far. Guillermo has grown a lot, and it’s fun to watch. Should we take bets on the famous cameo they’re seemingly hinting at this season?

The first two episodes of the third season were somewhat weak, but from the third episode onwards the third season is being great. I recommend it!

Is it necessary to watch the movie first, or should I just jump into the show?

It’s not necessary since the show is almost like a reboot of the concept moved from NZ to the US.

But… You’ll miss out on some awesome jokes that call back to the movie.

And also the movie is a amazing. If the show appeals to anyone the movie will also land.

Nope, you can jump right in. You SHOULD watch the movie though.

You should IDEALLY watch the movie then Wellington Paranormal, which I think is even better than What We Do in the Shadows.

I liked the first season the series more than the movie, which at some point felt aimless (although it recovers at the end with a nice punchline). Just in case you don’t think highly of the movie.

No talk about the latest episode?

RIP Collin Robinson

Yeah that was unexpected. I guess the actor had other compromises? I wonder how they will fill the gap.

Brilliant finale last night.

What better form for an energy vampire than a baby to start off life right? Hahah.

Not at all. It’s already been stated in interviews he’ll still be playing the role. With a lot of motion capture apparently.

Season 4 starts July 12th

Edited in the Tweet so it’s easier to understand.

Season 3 was so good. ‘The Escape’ is one of the funniest 30 minutes of television ever. The last 10 minutes or so was just pure chaos.

I tried watching the first episode of this last year, and I just was really bored and couldn’t make it very far. How long does it usually take to get in the groove for this show for people here? Were you in by the end of the first episode? Did it take a few episodes?

You just not like the type of humor this going for. Did you like the movie?

I was in from jump on the series.

I have not watched the movie. Is the movie before the series?

It came out before the series, but it’s not really a prequel or anything. The series is just a really long version of the movie’s setup. Schlubby dumb vampires living together as roomies in the modern world.

The show adds the female vampire and the psychic vampire, and moves the whole thing from New Zealand to Staten Island.