What will happen if I drill small holes in a flatscreen monitor?

Hm.

Oh.

I was kinda hoping for pics :|

It’s not going to happen for a while (‘a while’ meaning months, possibly). If it happens at all. Sorry to keep you in suspense. Man, you guys would flip if you figured out what I’m doing. Too bad you won’t.

I bet he’s just messing with us.

I bet it has to do with cybersex.

hmmmmmm…fiber optics coming out of the screen like a glass peacock tail?

He’s making a big ass necklace and he needed some holes to run the bling bling through and hang it on his neck.

Technically YES you can drill a hole in an LCD and it will still work. How well it will work, all depends on where you drill the hole, and how well you drill the hole :)

But the question still remains as to why you would want to?

There are cheaper ways to make a Lite Brite

OH PLEASE TELL US I CAN’T STAND THE SUSPENSE WHAT OH WHAT COULD THEODORE REX DX BE DOING?

Way to be stupidly mysterious.

sensors…home made light gun/lightsaber?

Like I told you guys, he wants to make a glory hole for his pr0n.

Way to be mysteriously stupid. Penis. lol

No seriously, I can’t tell you. Would it make it better or worse if I said it was for security reasons?

Thanks for the tips all - guess I’ll have to do it real careful-like.

Security reasons?

If I don’t drill twenty to thirty holes in this LCD Monitor millions of people will die!

Balut, there’s no time!

Well, whoever came up with this plan to stop the terrorists by drilling holes in LCD monitors, I’m glad they picked you to head up the project. It seems like you’ve got a pretty good handle on it.

Nanny-cam?

Troy

If you’ve got the unfortunate combination of a security issue requiring you to drill holes in LCDs and ignorance as to the effect of said holes, Qt3 is the wrong place to come for help.

You either need to find some senior guy “in the know” who can help you or come up with a really good line of BS you can use to justify the question here.