What's in your stocking? It's the 15th Annual QT3 Secret Santa Gift Exchange

Nikon 600mm perfect for Conowingo eagles. Cost more than my first 3 cars together

Yeah, I was into photography a million years ago, and even then the prices of lenses could shoot up rapidly. Of course, back then, our pictures were stenciled in cuneiform on tablets, but still.

Only two weeks left to sign up!

Time’s up! Sign-ups are now closed with 20 players:

1. tomchick

2. MichaelD

3. ArmandoPenblade

4. The Wombat

5. Dave_Perkins

6. SadleyBradley

7. mjgreeny75

8. Ex-SWoo

9. Kadath

10. BloodyBattleBrain

11. Editer

12. dwinn

13. Houngan

14. ineffablebob

15. RichVR

16. Juan Raigada

17. AWS260

18. lordkosc

19. Charlatan

20. arrendek

Stand by for your Secret Santa assignment.

I never participate because I have roughly a trillion delightful nieces and nephews to stalk and try and get good gifts, but I love this tradition. Thanks for doing it so I can vicariously enjoy the all the love around here.

All 20 of us are going to send you gifts.

So… rubber chickens it is!

I hereby give permission to re-gift the rubber chicken I included with last year’s gift package. The more people it brings joy, or at least curiosity, to, the better.

Did secret Santa names go out yet?

I don’t believe so; I haven’t gotten mine yet.

Sorry, possibly my fault! I came in late Monday night and said I wanted to participate. Just submitted my form, so things should be moving before long.

Reading your guys’ comments always brightens my day!

Some stats:

(Digital indicates participant did not give a mailing address and requested gifts be electronic, such as video games, e-books, music, etc.)

For the purposes of Secret Santa pairing, I typically treat “put me in whatever category needs more people” as international shipping. One thing that’s awesome about this community is that there are more people willing to ship internationally than there are international participants!

In the “Dear Organizer” field:

• Number of special requests: 0
  • Number of thanks: 6
  • Positive comments (“you’re the best!” e.g.): 8
  • Declarations of love: 2

In the “Dear Santa” section:

• Number of requests for rubber chickens: 0

I need to log in for work now – and Mars blocks QT3 – so, more later.

The ultimate firewall.

It’s unfair. Someone besides robots should colonize it.

Love data!