What's your favorite letter of the alphabet?

But since we already have a letter called “double U”, you should spell these words as vacwm, continwm and mwmw. Actually, no, that just looks Welsh.

Like an old sailor, I long for the C.

I LIKE U FOR UNICORNS! UNICORNS ARE FUCKING RADICAL!

Riddle me N, Bats.

I’m going to suck up a bit. T for Tom Chick.

Nop. Qat is a word I’ve used in real life for a normal conversation, so it’s perfectly acceptable in Scrabble. In fact I know a guy that got done for importing it, with pretty dodgy grounds on behalf of customs. They admitted they didn’t know if it was illegal, but thought that it probably was, so seized it anyway and waited for a law suit from the guy importing it to get it back. Seeing as he was a school goer at the time he just abandoned it.

I have this weird dyslexia type thing* and it’s remnants mean I associate certain letters with numbers, so R=3 and N=2. So those would probably be up there as maybe not my favourite letters, but definitely the most interesting.

*I was diagnosed with dyslexia at a very young age, based on the way I wrote certain letters and the mix ups I was making. I had it very mildly, but I still went to special classes for a year and they more or less taught it out of me, so I don’t even notice it now.

Oh, you.

I thought that ð was a voiced “th” (as opposed to the unvoiced “th” which is θ) and that schwa was ə. (I’d pick schwa, since I’ve recently been learning phonemics, but it’s not really a letter of the alphabet.) My pick might be “x”… not for any real reason, though.

Dammit, I think you’re right. Actually you are. Of course schwa wouldn’t be a consonant sound.

We used to just call ð and þ the Icelandic couple and be done with it. I stiil pick ð. It’s an actual letter of the alphabet… just not in your neck of the woods.

Those wacky Icelandics! Still speaking Old Norse after all this time!

I’m gonna have to go with R and Z. R because I love rolling them, especially when I’m feeling blue, and Z because I find it funny that one of the least used letters in English is one of the most used in Polish.

Q seems like the most sophisticated looking letter in the alphabet but I’m a big fan of s. It’s just so useful in Scrabble.

H. A capital H is like a fortress, it’s so mighty and imposing. And one time merryprankster called me a son of an H and it was awesome.

Z is for Zillah who drank too much gin.

Really, Z is great. It’s a conversation starter over how to pronounce it: ‘Zee’ or ‘Zed’? Comics teach us that it’s the sound you make when you’re sleeping. Turn it sideways, and it’s an ‘N’, which begins my name. When you recite the alphabet, when you reach Z you know you’re done, unless you’re stopped for a DUI and having to recite it backward.

Z is not, however, architecturally stable. For building you’re better off going with an A frame made with I beams.

I have to go with M, as I am part of the Matt brigade of QT3 along with Bowyer, Keil, the Professor, Maryanne, etc…

I guess I have no choice but to pick M, since all 3 of my names start with it. And yes, one of them is Matt.

But really it’s ł. It’s so elegant.

Ö
ö

Proper countires were making cutesy letter faces hundreds of years before you lot caught on.

X. It’s just the most fun to say. I am tempted to say Q because it needs another letter with it, giving me two for the price of one. But that dependency makes Q weak. I won’t have a weak letter as my favorite. So I go with X. Plus, you can put it before Mas, and people will think you are insulting Christmas, when in fact you are revering it with some Chi Rho action .

I have always liked the german letter ß, because even though it looks like a B, it doesn’t sound like one!

Incidentally, all the German I know comes from the proto-internet days, when I used to be heavily into aquariums, and the Germans made all the best aquarium filter equipment.

Süßwasser!

V

YEAH!